3rd gen surf 4x4 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen surf 4x4 problem

Can anyone please help I bought a 3rd gen auto surf but the 4x4 lights keeps flashing all the time , any thoughts

Originally posted by Big dog View Post
    Can anyone please help I bought a 3rd gen auto surf but the 4x4 lights keeps flashing all the time , any thoughts

Even with 4wd turned off?
    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Yes flashing all the time , makes no difference if button is in or not , still flashes all the time

Comment

Yeah it makes no difference if button is in or out still flashes all the time
        Last edited by Big dog; 4 September 2016, 21:31. Reason: Posted twice

Comment

Originally posted by Big dog View Post
          Yes flashing all the time , makes no difference if button is in or not , still flashes all the time
          As urs is a 3rd gen sounds like an issue with the centre diff, can't see another reason
          Unless your truck is stuck in 4wd and can't switch to 2wd and that's why it's flashing
          Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

What's the best way to tell if its stuck in 4wd , is there any tests I can do , cheers

Comment

Could be the ADD too.

You can usually feel when its in $WD as you get slight torque steer (or more the sensation of it)

Check that the Vac lines are all intact doing to the ADD unit on the front diff, check that the connectors are all good going to the transfer box.

Do you hear and clicks or clunks when you enable/disable 4wd?

Are the symptoms the same when you try 4WD with the switch and 4WD with the shifter?

Is it multi mode 4WD, (J pattern shifter) or not? (straight pattern on the shifter)
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

Put the 4wd lever into 4l position and then drive a little and it is definitely engaging , but lights still flashing

Comment

why you useing the stick
                  why are you putting it into 4l
                  put it in 2 high and use the button
                  and drive around a mile or two
                  and see if it goes out but give it chance
                  mine takes around couple hundred yards
                  but if you reving it wont change let it get up to
                  second or third before you try it
                  the old git

Comment

Only put it in 4l for a few seconds just to see if it was engaging , will try a run later with button pressed in

Comment

Working...
                    X