Front wheel drive or rear in hi2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front wheel drive or rear in hi2

I hope this isn't the daftest question ever but here goes. My 1996 kzn185 Jap import is confusing me. Most trucks I've come across are rear drive in hi2 and 4 wheel drive in hi4/L4 etc. Mine has an issue with a gearbox solenoid I've been told and have been sceptical about the drive train.
    Any way jacked the front end up as have been thinking the ADD in front axel is faulty and put it in D ( it's and auto). The front wheels turned in D and the rears had no drive, yet in 4wd all four err.... drive. So my question is, in 2hi are Hilux Surfs and 4 RUNNERS FWD in 2hi or RWD??.
    It all seems easy, in a Hilux

They should all be rear wheel drive in H2 and only drive the fronts when 4 wheel drive is selected

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      They should all be rear wheel drive in H2 and only drive the fronts when 4 wheel drive is selected
      Cheers for reply Growler, does seem odd here, when I put my foot down in hi2 you can here the front wheels driving and slipping on gravel etc. Don't suppose the two solenoids on top of gearbox could be the wrong way round, as simple as that?
      It all seems easy, in a Hilux

Comment

Working...
      X