Snorkel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snorkel problem

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem fitting one of the cheaper snorkels, I've fitted 2 now, both from different sources, one with HILUX lettering and one without, both have fitted the wing really well and both have fitted the screen pillar well(2nd one came with a nice stainless bracket and all stainless fixings) however, both have had the same pain in the arse snorkel to air filter box hose, both hoses seem to be at the wrong angle to meet up with the filter housing, no matter how it's twisted, and both are too small a diameter to fit over the air box stub without a right wrestling match. Is it just me? Has anyone replaced said hose using silicone hoses/reducer? Both snorkels are fitted and plumbed but the pipe is less than ideal. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I was waiting for someone to chip in and state that you get what you pay for, (and sometimes not even that) I just bought a cheap mini spray booth (model making) and the extractor pipework wont fit together, too stiff and too tight, did I say cheap bugger was over 40 quid so buy cheap expect problems
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Cheep Cheep

15+ years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ..
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

Yep, realise it was cheap and it's not an insurmountable problem, just wondered if anyone else had the same problem? I'd love to buy a genuine safari snorkel and locking rear Diff etc etc etc but my budget won't run to that, having said that, the rest of the snorkel kits is brilliant quality and fit perfectly to the body and come complete with stainless fittings template etc.

Comment

I wasn't digging at ya .....
          Cheap doesn't mean it's not usable/serviceable it just might mean ya end up renewing /replacing more often depending on the product/use .... n we may even learn a lesson from it !!

15+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ..
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

i had same problem when i fitted my safari one, many moons ago
            the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Working...
            X