2nd gen surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd gen surf

New to the forum and I have just bought my first 3ltr diesel ssr x , it's a manual one , I collect it at the weekend , just wondering on your thoughts about the surfs and will manual be ok , thanks

Hi and welcome

I prefer a manual to the auto, personal preference. They are good motors but like everything if you buy a dog of a one then you will just think its crap. Overall a great motor and serviced properly should give you no troubles.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Welcome mate, as Koi says like all cars you get a duffun and tend to think they are all crap, same with Surfs, I have had my old 2.4 auto tractor for over 11 years and I believe there are a few who beat that
      like you would with any s/h car purchase give it a dam good servicing and you should be ok, plenty of helpful info on here and more on the Australian Surf site, (lost my link or I'd have posted it)
      all forums seem very slow nowadays due mainly to face book but you will get answers here,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Thanks for your replies , I will post some pics at the weekend when I get it , its done 126k and been the same owner since it was imported 15 years ago , looks in pretty good condition paid £995 with a years mot , hope I done OK

Comment

Hi n welcome to the Forum as others have said nothing wrong with manuals but really down to your preference (horses for courses) ..
          Nearly 16 years ago my first Surf was a manual 2.4 nothing major wrong with it in all it's 6 n 1/2 years in my ownership, many trips up to bonny Scotlandshire n elsewhere in the the UK too....
          In fact a Forum member is /or was still running my ol 2.4, however my replacement had to be a 3.0l Automatic due to health issues n now with over 8 n 1/2 years tripping all over the UK n Scotland shire also with no major issues. Of course not all members have been so lucky but that hasn't deterred them from making a sick truck healthy again for many years of pleasure n reliability thereafter.... so much so I relegated this truck to a leisurely ride now.
          I acquired another 3.0l Auto as my new daily driver n after 16 months or so no issues so far ....
          Good Luck with ya Truck n Pics are mandatory

15+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ..
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Well I have finally purchased my first Toyota surf , its a 3ltr manual 2nd gen maroon colour , very pleased with it so far , checked all electrics and everything appears to be working , inside is in near mint condition no rips or tears to seats etc , its done 200,000 kilometres , 1 years mot and I paid £995 not too bad I thought , I will try and post pics when I get back home on Sunday

Comment

welcome, and congratulations, yes, some pics, whats your plan with it?
              the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Welcome Big dog
                Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Here is my new surf , hopefully I can post the pics
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can't believe I managed to upload pictures first time , hope you like , comments will be much appreciated

Comment

looks nice and straight.hard to find one with good original alloys.
                      and manuals are quite rare too.

Comment

It looks really nice and tidy, well done!

Comment

Nice looking Truck Bud ...

15+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ..
                          Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
                          X