Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

In a lunatic move Ive just bought a rusty old Surf. Ive never driven anything bigger than a Polo. Its a 1993 SSR 3.0, one owner since import. It has sellotape bumpers and 119k miles.
    'LOL' doesn't even begin to cover it!!

But its a dream come true - for over 10 years I've vaguely wanted a hilux since I saw one on a farm [yes, it was so romantic], but was too skint to even entertain the cost of it because alcohol.
    I gave up drinking last November, and have been relentlessly saving money since January, and now I have finally got what I wanted! So even if I do actually sound like a total numpty, please don't shit on my dream!

So. I need to know where in the uk to get bumpers as the rust was an advisory on the MOT and I need to start budgeting for repairs.

-PS I know nothing! I can dry out a wet distributor cap, fix a holey exhaust with beer cans and change a wheel, but that's about it. The only ace I have is my local one-man-band mechanic who just happens to be a 4x4 'enthusiast'.

Hi and welcome
    You could try milner 4x4 or roughtrax, or Jap 4x4 advert top right of the forum or the parts for sale section on here.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Hi Cris,

Welcome to the forum. Loads of information on here and you will usually get a reply to your questions.

Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Comment

Great to hear from another new surfer,,,,re bumpers Rough Trax are the cheapest,,, I know as I have just bought a whole set front and back,,,I hope you have very deep pockets to boot,,,,:-)

Comment

Plenty of breaking 2nd Gens on ebay search for kzn 130.

And welcome!
          Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Where abouts in Wiltshire are you? There's quite a few of us in the area?

Comment

Originally posted by High Lucks View Post
              In a lunatic move Ive just bought a rusty old Surf. Ive never driven anything bigger than a Polo. Its a 1993 SSR 3.0, one owner since import. It has sellotape bumpers and 119k miles.
              'LOL' doesn't even begin to cover it!!

But its a dream come true - for over 10 years I've vaguely wanted a hilux since I saw one on a farm [yes, it was so romantic], but was too skint to even entertain the cost of it because alcohol.
              I gave up drinking last November, and have been relentlessly saving money since January, and now I have finally got what I wanted! So even if I do actually sound like a total numpty, please don't shit on my dream!

So. I need to know where in the uk to get bumpers as the rust was an advisory on the MOT and I need to start budgeting for repairs.

-PS I know nothing! I can dry out a wet distributor cap, fix a holey exhaust with beer cans and change a wheel, but that's about it. The only ace I have is my local one-man-band mechanic who just happens to be a 4x4 'enthusiast'.
              Hi n Welcome to the Forum n enjoy ya Truck Bud
              As previously mentioned RT & Milners are well known for all Import parts & there are other if ya do a search ... here's another http://www.living3000.co.uk/shop/search/?q=hilux+surf
              F.Y.I. RE: Bumpers a quick fix is to apply some good quality gaffer tape for an MOT pass or as a short term fix while acquiring new ones....

15+ Years of Surfs .. n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ..
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Hi mate welcome to the forum 👍
                GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

very welcome,
                  is if its the rear bumper, the cheapest option is remove it fully, if its not there, it cant be failed,
                  front bumper like others said, or get an aftermarket second hand (of a hilux up to 2004 will fit)

put some pics of it
                  the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Or if the mood takes you and you can weld build a tubular one. Welcome fellow Wiltshire densin. Or if you have ssso e spare dosh there is Overfab at Westbury that can build something bespoke.
                    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Working...
                    X