Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurking

Hi Guys,

Not been on for some time as I sold my Surf and Honda CBR1100XX to fund my business start-up

I have been without a personal vehicle since I started my business at the end of 2007! I have missed my Surf and have always lusted after another one. By pure chance a relation of mine had to give up driving due to health reasons and asked if I wanted his 4x4 that he bought from new..... yes please.

Sad to say that it was not a Surf, but beggars can't be choosers... and I have had a Nissan Terrano 2001 (Y plate) for the last four years. It's great as Nissan's go, a bit narrow than the Surf and with only 48k miles from new, barely run in yet. But Terrano's suffer from tin worm and they dissolve, so I have just had it MOT'd and was told it would be the last ticket.

But the kids and the better half have got the 4x4 bug and want to get a cheap run around when the Terrano is scraped next June. So I suggested a Surf

So next year around February/March I will be looking for a Surf. I do wonder how my old Surf is getting on.... she went up to Scotland.

Looking forward to coming home....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Paff; 5 June 2016, 13:55.
    Life on the edge is short, but the view is great !

Ah another surf and Blackbird owner, all be it ex lol.
    My three babies .
    Attached Files
    Neal

Comment

Ha!

I always fancied a Blackbird Neal

These were my babies...

... then I went self employed, then had two kids...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Paff; 6 June 2016, 10:27.

Comment

My first Blackbird was in the electric blue (always liked that colour), took a tumble on it though and ended up with the black one.

I've been meaning to sell the truck for the last year but I just can't bring myself to advertise it, I like it too much, it is a bone of contention with the wife though lol .
        Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
          ...I've been meaning to sell the truck for the last year but I just can't bring myself to advertise it, I like it too much, it is a bone of contention with the wife though lol .
          That's a nice looking truck... what is it/age?

We will be looking for a surf at the end/beginning of next year, but yours looks out of our budget

Comment

It's a 96 KZN185 SSRG Non inter-cooled, tbh IF I get round to advertising it, it will only go up on here as I'd want it to go to an enthusiast, it won't be bonkers money though as it needs some tlc after sitting for a year.
            I start it once every two weeks and cycle the 4wd, locking diffs, lights etc etc.
            Neal

Comment

Bear me in mind if/when you decide to sell. I loved my old Surf... can't promise that my pockets will be deep enough, but please let me know

Comment

Will do.
                Neal

Comment

Working...
                X