Took 10 hours but saved a pretty penny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took 10 hours but saved a pretty penny

Jus finished replacing the starter motor on the Lexus V8 lump, bloody in depth job but glad I did it, learnt a lot, for u that don't know the starter on the v8 is located in the middle of the engine where the V is and u have to remove the throttle body, intake plenum, intake manifold associated gaskets and hoses

Easily a job for a professional but I prefer my money where it is, in my wallet lol
    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

yep,not a great job are they,its once u get there an see the starter, then realise that the nice fella who built it put the bolts in from the back

Comment

Originally posted by oudu View Post
      yep,not a great job are they,its once u get there an see the starter, then realise that the nice fella who built it put the bolts in from the back
      I felt quite blessed when I got to that part, I assume it was down to extra space in the surfs bulkhead but I was able to easily stick a socket down the back to free the motor, didn't even need to remove the coolant bridge so got gaskets left over now haha
      Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Glad you got it sorted mate.

Sorry I couldn't help... I've still not had 10h free in one slot that is not sleep time since we spoke!
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Working...
        X