Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from East Sussex

Hi folks,

Just picked up a Surf so thought it prudent to sign up here!

For anyone interested my name's Josh, I live in sunny East Sussex in a small town just down the coast from Brighton. I'm a bit of a petrol head, always have loads of cars knocking around the place - think I've got about 12-14 currently spread between my house, my barn and my parents' farm... I do a small volume of car importing as well which means I often have some interesting Jap cars lurking around.

Anyway I swapped an MX-5 I had for a '91 Surf SSR Limited, it had no MOT so I stuck it in for one yesterday. It failed on both lower ball joints, the rear fog and a bulb, those bits are being sorted today and then hopefully I can get out and about in my new truck.

I'd like to do a bit of off road driving, so if there's anyone local who'd be up for showing me the ropes I'd be greatly appreciative. I'd quite like to make a trip to Slindon Safari but I'm worried I'll get stuck!! This isn't my first 'proper' 4x4 for the record, I've got an Isuzu Bighorn 3.1 that I've owned a fair amount of time, but that's never seen much more than muddy yards and fields as it's only on tarmac tyres on account of it being my tow vehicle. The Surf is on AT tyres so I'm keen to get stuck into something a bit more challenging!

Look forward to being a part of the forum

Cheers,
    Josh

Hello Josh, welcome, nice part of the south coast Seaford,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Welcome to Surfdom also on (Facebook) if that's ya bag ....

15+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
      Buncefield Burner

Comment

welcome josh

12-14 cars that is a petrolhead lol
        Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Hi and welcome to the madhouse

Comment

Welcome aboard neighbour. I work in seaford now and then (roofing)
            My mrs works in newhaven at the top of the hill looking down on you!!

Dont have a surf at present (have had two) You will find it very capable. I have done slindon in both mine and the first one was a 2.4 with road tyres, didn't get stuck at all, but i think a lot has to do with wich bits you attempt!!
            Good luck

Alan
            www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Cheers for the warm welcome guys

I'm enjoying my Hilux so far, it's a bit of a different beast to my Isuzu Bighorn but it's already proven itself off road - I took it to Slindon on Sunday and it was a blast, seemed to take on anything I could chuck at it within reason. Will be going back on the 8th for round 2!

Loving the rear tailgate as well, by far the best solution I've found so far for unloading my 2 dogs without them bolting before I can grab their leads...

Will try and get some pics of the other motors up soon, it's a bit of a mix but I mainly have Japanese coupes and saloons. Daily driver duties are currently being handled by the Hilux and a Honda Accord Euro-R. Despite being a bit agricultural I'm tending to drive the Hilux more often than not!

Alan - I work in Newhaven too, it's my hometown! I only recently moved out to Seaford as it's easier to find places with big gardens out that way. Almost moved to Hailsham recently as I've got family out that way, but it would've meant I'd need a dog sitter at lunch time

Comment

Originally posted by Josh2109 View Post

Loving the rear tailgate as well, by far the best solution I've found so far for unloading my 2 dogs without them bolting before I can grab their leads...
                Yes it is a great design I'm glad also toyota still have the feature on the most recent 4runner in the states

Alex
                Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Working...
                X