Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 94 Surf

Hi again all,
    So my mums still driving my Surf as a daily, for about three years.
    The Recaro fishnet seats now need recovering, since it's lifted and she needs to slide out of the truck. The bonnet and roof have got the paint fade the drivers door central locking is temperamental. Works fine using the key but using the remote sometimes the drivers door doesn't lock or unlock. Oh and the induction hose has a slight split and the speedo doesn't work.
    Apart from that it's running well. MOT time next month. Cam belt change time too. I recall last time someone mentioned I should have replaced the water pump - so I will get that done too for peace of mind.
    (is there anything else I might as well get done at the time?)
    All in all, pretty pleased with how she's holding up for a 22 year old vehicle.

One thing I do need to get done is to remove some of the BJ spacers and re-level because they need replacing about every 9 months.
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Good Grief, thought you'd been eaten by a shark, or chewed up by a funnel web or something. Cam belt, tensioner, water pump and why not do the thermostat too. I did. ( have you started talking funny yet ( I mean funnier because I think you already probably talked funny ) Have you perfected the upward inflection at the end of everything.
    Сви можемо

Comment

Haha
      Thanks for the tips.
      No I haven't started talking funny I don't think, well no funnier than normal. Last time I was in England my sister said she noticed some things I say sounded Australian. But Sunday I went into a department store to buy something and the woman asked me how long I've been here and said my accent was strong. I was working in Sri Lanka the other week and I have to speak very clearly and enunciated otherwise people just look at me like I'm mental. Trousers are now pants. Although I still say quid instead of bucks quite regularly.
      How's everything going with you mate?
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Cant complain, getting old, but still got the Surf. Had it 9 years now and its still looking good and going well. I also have a Landcruiser. ( Colorado LC3). When i got it I advertised the Surf and then pulled the ad. Couldn't bring myself to sell it) Couldn't bear the thought of letting it go to someone for the same sort of price as some unknown, unloved shed on ebay was fetching.
        Сви можемо

Comment

Same as that Alex, I sometimes think I should get rid of the old tractor and get summat more befitting my years but then someone comes up and says "nice truck mate" and I get that tingling feeling all over again and think sod it, I'd only be miserable with another wedge shape car, (I might swop for an American tank from the fiftys though,
          I learnt all my Australian from Keven Bl00dy Wilson and watching outback truckers,
          got to start doing something with the Surf soon, mot bloke reckons I need to remove all the overhead console so it's a major strip out, just as well I guess as most of the cr@p I put on never worked properly like the Chinese TV, the freeview box, the CB radio, a load of switches which I forget what they do, make a whole new centre dash facia panel,
          Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Hello Tony

Seen your truck a couple of times still looks good. Maybe a coolant flush?
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Hi Tony

15+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

I'm the same, I don't really want to part with the truck. Years ago I logged in to Roughtrax and started adding up all my invoices. I got bored when the zero's started adding up. I'm glad my mum likes it enough to keep it. I have commented a few times that I'll just sell it if it's aggro for her but she exclaims Noooo!.

Hi Charvell,
                Coolant flush is definitely on the list. It's been about 5 years since I done the thermo and red coolant so it's about time anyway. The red is now not luminous but more burgundy so I think the truck got a bit warm recently.
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by Diezel Weazel View Post
                  Hi Tony

15+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
                  Hi mate, hope you're well
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Not so bad although I do miss the Offroad excursions n Road trips ..
                    Sure sounds like ya having Fun ...

Buncefield Burner

Comment

You're a long way from carshalton, Tony.
                      Hope you're keeping well mate.
                      My eldest girl works for P & O oz.
                      I get to see her when she comes home about every 6 months!!!

Alan
                      www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Hi Alan, that's good. I've not even stepped foot on UK soil since June 2014.

Water pumps:

Just looking on roughtrax and there are two, one with backing housing and one without which says it's quicker to fit.
                        Is this one of those things that you first need the aftermarket part to be able to get the cheaper and quicker to fit unit?
                        Can someone help me find which one I would need to do a swap out at the same time as the cam belt change?
                        http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/aisin-wa...t-housing.html

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/aisin-wa...t-housing.html
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                        X