Chassis number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chassis number

I've been looking for another surf to mess around with, found a decent one today at a back Street garage, lots of mot, last owner 12 years but the vin tag is missing?? I can't find a stamping on the body or chassis (but I can't on other surf I have either)
    I thought the chassis number was somewhere on the r/h chassis leg near front wheel but can't see any sign.
    Anyone know if I'm looking in the right place? Does the body not have the vin stamped into it? Looks like the vin plate not been missing long as the bulkhead is clean where it's been, seller recons the rivets rot through and the plates fall off but I'm a bit dubious.

The rivets are normally alloys won't rust away .
    I'm pretty sure the chassis number is stamped on the drivers side chassis in the rear wheel well not the front .
    You may have to scrape the crud off to get to it but it's on the face facing outwards so easy to get to .
    PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Thanks, I'll take a look tomorrow.

Comment

Front, front, NOT. Rear, front
        Сви можемо

Comment

Any idea where abouts on the front?

Comment

On the chassis leg, turn the front wheels full lock to the left and after a bit of cleaning, scraping etc, you should see it on the chassis leg behind the right hand wheel

Comment

Originally posted by andicog View Post
              I've been looking for another surf to mess around with, found a decent one today at a back Street garage, lots of mot, last owner 12 years but the vin tag is missing?? I can't find a stamping on the body or chassis (but I can't on other surf I have either)
              I thought the chassis number was somewhere on the r/h chassis leg near front wheel but can't see any sign.
              Anyone know if I'm looking in the right place? Does the body not have the vin stamped into it? Looks like the vin plate not been missing long as the bulkhead is clean where it's been, seller recons the rivets rot through and the plates fall off but I'm a bit dubious.
              Don't be dubious, they are riveted but just not substantial enough if my opinion.
              Some 15+ years ago I got my 1st Surf (2.4) after 3-4 years Rivets were corroded n one was missing, replaced em both with BIG muther feckers ... n after 6 n 1/2 years still good.. What ya say Mark (Madcambell) still OK ?

Enter 2nd Surf (3.0L) on inspection one rivet was missing so replaced em both with big mothers as previously, after 8 years still looking good !!
              3rd Surf (3.0L) previous owner replaced em both after 9 months both still look good.
              Always pays to keep a check on the rivets, somewhere on the Forum is the info ya seeking.

Good Luck

15+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
              Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 4 April 2016, 22:07.
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Try this .... http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=78865

15+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

I heard a rattling a few months back and it was the vin plate, the rivets had given way.. So it can happen by mistake

Comment

i don't have a vin plate, goes on the mot as an advisory apparently
                    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

Comment

Thanks to all for putting my mind at rest, looks like a decent one apart from missing vin.

Comment

Oh yeah sorry it's my l200 that has it on the rear .... sorry .
                        PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

try the below. or try googling it. there is a world of information at your fingertips!

http://www.vinnumberlocation.com/toyota-hilux.html
                          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Working...
                          X