back on hiatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back on hiatus

Well the knocking noise turned out to be more than worn valve shims. Looks like one of the pistons is causing the clonking sounds at any revs now. So the truck is back on the driveway for the foreseeable future.
    I'm going to take slow (glacial) route to fixing it up again, but may brave an engine swap so the question is, what do I put under the bonnet? The obvious choice would be another 2l-te, but I want to be brave and go for something a little more fun lol. So the other option is the tried and tested 1uz-fe swap, what happened to bushwaker's sticky on bits you'll need?
    In the meantime I'm going to look around for another vehicle, perhaps another surf lol
    Hold my beer and watch this

Bad new on the piston knock but these things are old, mine just keeps going (thank god) but takes several turns and then a big cloud of smoke which does disappear after a second or two, all this since I did the ip leak, prob git it a tooth out on the belt but it runs fine so sod it
    As for Bushwacker, if you look down in the V8 section and read through a couple of threads there you'll see he fell foul of an engine swop or two (or perhaps the other way round) two sides to every story they say, but since he's not been back on here and seems to have taken or removed most of his sticky's, you will have to draw your own conclusions on that one, must admit it was a shock to here about it, it aint like it was on here, (effin facebook I guess) Ian
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Seemed to have missed all that drama. Luckily there's a lot of posts and to research, plus I've got plenty of time.
      Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

sad sad loss
        facebook

is that why its dead on here
        i fall ill
        get better and its like a ghost forum sometimes
        fekin facefoook
        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Working...
        X