IP seals done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP seals done

, after dreading it the job turned out to be ok albeit I didn't do the distributor end seal but I could see the leak was from the top cover, however having taken the whole thing out I did all the others, also once all the stuff was removed I could see the inlet manifold had been leaking black shite all over the block and also the power steering shaft woodruff key was just a piece of shrapnel so new pump as well, made my own gaskets for the manifold, new timing belt, oil and filter, new ATF, new fuel filter the works, managed to break the water temp sender wire connector so if anyone has a spare (plus the plug and a short bit or the wire) please let me know,
    It seems to be running much better, lost that "agricultural" throb, she now feels like the trembling of a maiden under me
    Have to say tho that after much searching on a how to on these seals there is no real good step by step write-up I could find, many posts here with some handy tips but no step by step, even the Aussi site one is not a great write up, when you actually read throught it there is not a lot of actual detail in it, in fact not a lot of writing at all, I wasn't really interested in the guy finding a bit of yellow plastic in his pump and some of the pics I felt were unnecessary like the one of the block where the pump come from, I should think you'd know dam well where it came from having taken the bugger out,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Good to see your still at it and haven't lost your sense of humour

Comment

Hi Andy, hows tricks?, yeah mate got to laugh or else you cry, my elation was bl00dy short lived tho it failed it's mot this morning on handbrake!!
      my own fault as I never use it and completely forgot to check it,

Comment

Glad ya got the IP sorted Ian, handbrake should be a easy fix by comparison...
        Good Luck with it

14+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Taking a wheel off these days is job in itself Jess, every soddin thing hurts , cant complain about the truck though this is it's first failure in just over 10years,
          Bleeder could have let it go though, he knows me well and knows I look after the old tractor, think it's a guy working for him that did it, i'll have to put him straight, severed head in his bed or summat should convey the message sufficiently don't ya think

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            Taking a wheel off these days is job in itself Jess, every soddin thing hurts , cant complain about the truck though this is it's first failure in just over 10years,
            Bleeder could have let it go though, he knows me well and knows I look after the old tractor, think it's a guy working for him that did it, i'll have to put him straight, severed head in his bed or summat should convey the message sufficiently don't ya think
            Know what ya mean about wheels etc n Definitely Ian, enroll him on a retraining course of not to cheek ya mentors/elders

14+ Years of Surfs .... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !! So I got another ....
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Working...
            X