Foobard Diff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foobard Diff

I think I have a problem with my Diff, I'm pretty sure its not meant to look like this. anyone happen to have one lying around?

What ratio are you looking for ?

Comment

i had that happen at lot to me! i though it was the right foot while off roading but when i did the solid axle swap i found out that the chassis number said 4.88 diff so i was replacing the front with 4.88's but actually someone previously thought an axle is an axle and swapped it not knowing it was a 4.56 ratio so i had 4.56 on the rear adn 4.88 on the front no wonder i was breaking the diffs all the time when off roading! check your rear to find out what ratio it is then match the front dont just go off the chassis number!

but also go easy on the right foot off roading!
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

All I know is there is 41 teeth on the Crown Wheel and 10 on the Pinion Gear. That any good?

Sorry edited this, WAS 41 teeth haha

Comment

Code on VIN plate would be useful

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
            i had that happen at lot to me! i though it was the right foot while off roading but when i did the solid axle swap i found out that the chassis number said 4.88 diff so i was replacing the front with 4.88's but actually someone previously thought an axle is an axle and swapped it not knowing it was a 4.56 ratio so i had 4.56 on the rear adn 4.88 on the front no wonder i was breaking the diffs all the time when off roading! check your rear to find out what ratio it is then match the front dont just go off the chassis number!

but also go easy on the right foot off roading!
            Genuinely think it was my right foot that was the problem, I made it, others didnt hee hee I have a very distinct off roading technique

Comment

Originally posted by growler View Post
              code on vin plate would be useful
              knz130-9012117

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
                Code on VIN plate would be useful
                Or am I being stupid here and Im actaully gonna have to look at the VIN plate istead of my documents for a code
                Last edited by Cant Get Right; 5 November 2015, 16:43.

Comment

After looking at vin plate its a A343F G294

Comment

That makes it an 8" 4.1 4 Pinion open diff, of which I don't have one but hopefully someone will be along soon that does

Comment

Working...
                    X