Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering buying...

Hi all,

Considering buying a surf (obviously) been looking at a few on ebay and just wonder... Gen 2 or 3?

Seen a real nice gen3 but notice most prefer the 2...? Why?

Thanks in advance.

Men have the 2nd gen
    Hairdressers have the 3rd gen.

Personal choice I guess.
    Some prefer the looks of the 2nd gen.
    Some prefer the comfort and extra room the 3rd gen affords plus it gets a "proper" lift up tailgate.

What ever you get just make sure all the buttons work.
    Service history is worth having.
    Depends what you want it for also, mine has changed from daily driver to hobby and now is back as daily driver.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

The 2nd gen Surf is a great vehicle, no question about it. The 3rd gen Surf is an even better vehicle. Ive had my current 3rd gen for 8 years now and it remains the households favourite mode of transport. It has never let me down and the only money spent on it is maintenance and money that I wanted to spend on it. It looks as good now as it did the day I bought it both outside and in. I loved both of the 2nd gens I owned previously ( even the 2.4 ) but if I was choosing between a 2nd gen and a 3rd gen and with all else being equal such as vehicle condition, and spending required to get it where you wanted it, its no brainer for me. 3rd gen all the way.
      Сви можемо

Comment

I've had 2 2nd gen including a 2.4 and they are great. I've had my 3rd gen over 2 years now and I do prefer it. They are also very capable off road despite the hairdresser tag!

Comment

this may help ..... I have had a 1,2 and a 3. The one was fun . The two could be played with and the 3 was a petrol and was good fun.
          http://daemon4x4.org/tech/hiluxsurf/info/faq.htm
          Last edited by BioHazard; 30 August 2015, 09:56.
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Thanks guys, that's some great reading. Good link too! Very useful. I'm actually not swayed either way in regards to gen 2 or 3. I guess when I see one that ticks the most boxes that will be the one.

Comment

Working...
            X