Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble bleeding back brakes

Hi All

I have just finished doing rear bearings and putting truck back together but I cannot bleed the rear brakes, I cannot get a solid flow of fluid. There is plenty of brake fluid but I just cant get rid of the air in the system. This is with 2 of us doing it, me at the rear passenger side bleed valve and someone pressing the brakes on demand!!

I have searched on here and come across the Rear Load Sensing Valve but there is no bleed valve on mine??

Any help appreciated

Cheers
    Mark

Are you doing the bleeding with weight on the rear suspension? If not, try it. If you have weight on the suspension (jacked on axle or sat on ground with wheels fitted) try the following:
    Disconnect the operating rod from the LSV. Move the lever arm on the LSV in the direction it would move if the truck was heavily loaded. This will allow more flow to the rear brake circuit. Bleed system. Once happy with pedal feel reconnect LSV link rod.

Comment

Forgot to add: This is a common issue on lifted trucks that have not had the LSV link rod adjusted to suit (or not had an LSV drop bracket fitted). The LSV "feels" there's no weight on the rear end, so reduces fluid flow to the rear brakes. It's a safety feature to prevent rear wheel locking up under normal braking.

Comment

Thanks

Hi Dave

Thanks for the info I tried all of the above and it turned out to be the Brake Master cylinder broken in the end.

Cheers
        Mark

Comment

Just glad you're all sorted!

Comment

Working...
          X