Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be worried??!!

Alright chappies?

Gen 2 Manual. Had the engine bay steam cleaned yesterday, shiny. In prep for rocker cover replacement tomorrow... For the first time I've noticed a bit of what looks like white exhaust fumes/steam when I've been changing gear. Has anyone got any thoughts as to whether this is to be expected after steaming?

Also, I often get a clunk on warm start up, quite severe sometimes. Had Starter changed, issue still there. Never happens when starting from cold.

Also (!), a couple of times now I've gotten a pretty intense "shudder" when pulling away which doesn't go when i put my foot on the clutch, it just runs its course, sound terrible, terrifies me, then doesn't happen for ages/when i want to show someone!! It's from the engine, almost sounds like it's going to stall painfully! It's only happened twice in the last few months. Probably impossible to diagnose from my lame description...?

Looking forward to seeing the boys at Over Fabrications tomorrow...

Cheers!

Originally posted by studiv View Post
    Alright chappies?

Gen 2 Manual. Had the engine bay steam cleaned yesterday, shiny. In prep for rocker cover replacement tomorrow... For the first time I've noticed a bit of what looks like white exhaust fumes/steam when I've been changing gear. Has anyone got any thoughts as to whether this is to be expected after steaming?

Also, I often get a clunk on warm start up, quite severe sometimes. Had Starter changed, issue still there. Never happens when starting from cold.

Also (!), a couple of times now I've gotten a pretty intense "shudder" when pulling away which doesn't go when i put my foot on the clutch, it just runs its course, sound terrible, terrifies me, then doesn't happen for ages/when i want to show someone!! It's from the engine, almost sounds like it's going to stall painfully! It's only happened twice in the last few months. Probably impossible to diagnose from my lame description...?

Looking forward to seeing the boys at Over Fabrications tomorrow...

Cheers!
    Probably just a bit of water that got in the exhaust when pressure washing, I take it you had the whole car done underneath as well to remove some of that crud t hat had built up.As for the shudder we will have a look tomorrow.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

I got mine steamed cleaned last week and now the steering is really heavy.
      Was sweet before the steaming, new damper and box adjusted. Soon as I drove it off the ramp I could feel something wasn't right.

Grease nipples for the ball joints are in the post. Hopefully that will sort it!

Comment

Working...
      X