Newbie SE Kent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie SE Kent

Hi all, I'm based in SE Kent, a few miles outside Canterbury.

I'm a long time hot rod, classic and American car owner and I'm looking for a reliable, strong car as a daily user backup to my old smoker XJ Jag.

My search has led to me to the 3.0 Surf, which appears to tick most of my boxes.

I've started my research in earnest and my hunt has properly started, but there just doesn't seem to be any for sale down here just yet.

Might I be able to ask the community if there's a Surf owner nearby that would be happy for me to take an "in the tin" look at one please? I'd really appreciate it rather than travel 100's of miles to find it's not the vehicle that really fits the bill for me!

Many thanks in advance,
    Nigel.

Found one!

Seems a little quiet here, so I'll just chat to myself..!!

Anyway, just a quick update, I've found a bought a '94 Surf and I'm pretty pleased with it so far. Needed a darned good clean, a bit of carpeting and she's ready to be taxed from the 1st.

Now to explore the available mods....

It's had the bashplate removed for some reason, where can I find a decent replacement that looks half decent? Any help and advice gratefully received!

Comment

hello and welcome. Dont know why this happens but new users first posts often seem to get missed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/toyota-hil...item4aeabf0838
      Сви можемо

Comment

They always seem to slip through the net.
        Welcome along.
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Hello Nigel, and welcome.

Quiet weekend this one, everyone's a little knackered after the huge forum party during the week.
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

MIdweek party?

Another one I missed
            Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes all..!!
                I'm looking forward to finding out more about my new Surf and learning about them in general. It'll be getting taxed from the first, then I'll soon pick up the things I need and want to do to it. It was a bit unclean inside when I picked it up, but I've gone a good way to sort that now and I've carpeted the rear as it was bare.

Thanks again for the welcome and I hope I don't throw too many questions at you all..!!

Cheers,
                Nige.

Comment

welcome, and looking forwards to see some pics of it.
                  the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                    MIdweek party?

Another one I missed
                    It ended up as a lock in at some blokes house, loads of bedrooms, although it was fancy dress and everyone was dressed as police.......hang on.

Did I just get hammered and end up in the cells again?
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
                    X