Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Warduke

re: your pm m8,

Cut and pasted from the old board from members. I take no credit from these tips m8, just something I cut and pasted for future reference. Someone else may be able to add extra for you.

cheers

Fieldsy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

loosen the drain plug (passenger side bottom of radiator (need to access it through the wheel arch)

remove the radiator cap and the expansion bottle cap.

make sure the heater controls are set at hot (front and back if you have the rear heater).

drain all fluid then flush with a hose through the radiator cap. You may want to remove the thermostat while you do this (2 nuts hold on the housing under the rad cap) as you will then be able to flush with no hinderance.

Flush for at least 1/2 hour.

Tighten drain plug.

Replace thermostat.

Fill slowly with premixed coolant (your choice of antifreeze, I use bluecol).

Fill untill it is full, then leave rad cap off and start engine.

Allow to run untill thermostat opens. top up as neccessary

Check that heaters are blowing hot air, if not there is an airlock, squeezing the top hose and the heater hoses generally gets rid of the air.

continue to top up as neccessary, then replace radiator cap and take for a drive to fully warm up.

Allow to cool and then check levels.

Check that the expansion tank is not overfull (should be about 1/3 full when cold).

Cheers
    Andy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what i also did was (using standard hosepipe spray attachment, it just fits inside top hose) fixed hosepipe into top hose, jubilee clipped it in, and highpressure flushed the rad through the block and out of the thermo housing. It gave me piece of mind as to whether the rad was blocked or had sediment, although no sediment was evident in the flushing water

Thx !!!!!! :-)

Thx a lot fieldsy for the information m8ty !!!!
    [size=4][color=#00ffff]SSR-X 1996 3.0 TD !!! ESSEX BOY'S RULE !!!!!![/color][/size]

Comment

Working...
    X