prime pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prime pump

Just put new seals in fuel pump. Popped it back in. Thought I would check for leaks before putting the rest of the engine together. Left injector pipes loose and started using prime pump to see if I can get fuel to one of the injector pipes. Half an hour later and no joy. Got forearms like pop eye! Would I be right in thinking the prime pump doesn't suck the fuel the whole way from the tank? I believe the prime pump is ok.

i had similar problem, and what it was is the hoses above the fuel tank had perished soaking air instead fuel.
    the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

I believe everything else is ok. Only fuel leak has been from the pump. Might just take ages for the prime pump to fill the fuel pump.

Is there any pay and play places down your way?

Thinking of doing a lift kit and bigger tyres lat er this year so will be looking to do some offroading?

Comment

is it yours an auto, or manual? 2nd generation?
        i know there is a place in galway,
        i had being using mine on the fields, it fun but no one around (not recommended if you get stuck)

if you want to try to tight the injectors, and use some gas of a blow torch true the sensor by the air filter, for at least 5 seconds, then put sensor back, then try to started it but accelerator flat to the matt, for about 5 seconds it should start. it did with mine till i realized the hoses where gone.

Comment

Got a gen2 auto.
          Galway is a bit of a drive from where I am but could make a weekend of it.

Got the truck working again.
          Filled the injector pump with redex as it was bone dry after I had out out to change the seals and it fired up nicely. What a pain in the@ss the whole job has been but at least its not leaking anymore.

Can anyone recommend a puller that will fit the front cam pully. Both my ones are too big?

Comment

ẁhat kind of lift are you thinking to do?
            body lift? suspension lift?
            if you want to travel another 3h further i can give you a hand to do it, if you got all the kit

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzy G View Post
              ..... Left injector pipes loose and started using prime pump to see if I can get fuel to one of the injector pipes. .........
              you never will.

first thing is to prime fuel filter with its outlet hose off, once filled connect it. prime until primer goes hard. then crank engine with foot hard on the throttle. that is what will make fuel come out of injector lines.
              once it starts firing a bit of fuel out the injector lines then tighten them back up and start it up.

Comment

Originally posted by tweak'e View Post
                you never will.

first thing is to prime fuel filter with its outlet hose off, once filled connect it. prime until primer goes hard. then crank engine with foot hard on the throttle. that is what will make fuel come out of injector lines.
                once it starts firing a bit of fuel out the injector lines then tighten them back up and start it up.
                Would make sense that the pump would have to be turning to let fuel up the injector lines. All sorted now anyway. MOT here we come. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
                  ẁhat kind of lift are you thinking to do?
                  body lift? suspension lift?
                  if you want to travel another 3h further i can give you a hand to do it, if you got all the kit
                  Might take you up on that offer. Although the missus seems to think that moving house is more important than a lift kit for the truck!? Can't understand her thinking. So could be later this year.

Found some of road sites like Dartfield and Fairy Hill. Have you been?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzy G View Post
                    Might take you up on that offer. no problem So could be later this year.

Found some of road sites like Dartfield and Fairy Hill. Have you been?
                    no, never being there! but i will once i got mine done and ready to roll

Comment

What sort of stuff do you have to do before the truck is ready?
                      You doing some sort of custom job?

Comment

got a lot to do,
                        crashed it while ago!
                        while on the go yes, doing many tweaks, around, including changing colour in burnt orange, fitting 305/70/R16 bf's,.......

Comment

Working...
                        X