Do I scrap? do I sell? do I mend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
    No, unfortunately. I already have one of these that my son got for me. It has the connector on the body, whereas mine has a cable about 10" long with a plug at the end. If you don't have the pigtail, it won't fit - and, I was told by the garage, the colour of the wires doesn't correlate, so you can 't even stitch in extended cables and be sure it's wired properly. It's a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
      Is the Gen 3 motor different to the Gen 2?
      if its the same i definitely have one..
      If you have one with the connector plug on the end of a cable, about 10" long, then that's the one I need. If the connector plug is attached to the motor body, it won't fit, and the cable colours don't correspond, so you can't even splice in extensions to make it work (according to my garage guys,) Thanks for the input

Comment

http://jap4x4parts.com/

Try Terry in Braintree he is a member on here and has lots of third gens
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
          http://jap4x4parts.com/

Try Terry in Braintree he is a member on here and has lots of third gens

Brilliant - just called him and he reckons he has one. I will find out if I have financial backing (from her indoors,) and go with it if sanctioned,
          Thanks for the link, it's really appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            The old "get them to come to the garage and touch their special place" trick !!
            Shhhhhhh you.....
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by vikingtone View Post
              If you have one with the connector plug on the end of a cable, about 10" long, then that's the one I need. If the connector plug is attached to the motor body, it won't fit, and the cable colours don't correspond, so you can't even splice in extensions to make it work (according to my garage guys,) Thanks for the input
              I don't recall a 10" cable...so must be the wrong one

Good luck.

Comment

had my wiper motor rebushed they shatter easy
                its done now tho
                i took it to a local recon place for motors and alternators dint cost much

has for ya surf if you like it fix it
                mine was in very poor condition i spent way more that its worth but i like my car so i could not care less what its cost its my 4x4 its value to me never comes into it
                i'll be posting some pics when i find my camera lead

i hope ya fix it matey sounds to me like she's been a good runner for ya
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Have you got a photo of it, as it doesn't sound standard and I'm interested to see it

Comment

i can take one in the morning
                    it was what was on the truck so dont know about it been standard or not

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                      i can take one in the morning
                      it was what was on the truck so dont know about it been standard or not
                      Not you George, the OP with the 10 foot wang, I mean cable...inches, 10 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer View Post
                        Not you George, the OP with the 10 foot wang, I mean cable...inches, 10 inches.

sorry been on the sugar free iron brew tonight

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post

sorry been on the sugar free iron brew tonight
                          Ah, what's the worst that can happen? Oh, that's Dr Pepper. He's not even a real doctor.

Comment

I know that this is an old thread but I just wanted to say thanks for all the valuable and useful information I got here as I happen to be the owner of the same car. Very sad story by the way, I am very sad that your truck had to go. I have a very similar relationship with my own, though I am not even thinking about parting ways with it. A guy from https://www.scrapi.com/blog/can-i-sc...hout-a-logbook offered me around 600 quid for it but I couldn't agree to it considering how much time and effort was spent on this car, plus it runs completely fine even to this day. Toyota used to make immortal engines indeed.
                            Last edited by GlenCurtis; 21 October 2020, 07:54.

Comment

Great.

I'm sure that if/when they visit this thread one day, your comment will be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X