Tech Weekends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It lives !!!!!!!

Sorry, been snowed under with work, and took ages to boot it all back together and had nothing left over....bonus.

Just need more ATF before I use it and haven't had time to get any. It's taken 7 litres so far, probably needs another 4 or 5 if it was completely empty.

Just jerks going into reverse, but I'll top it up in the morning and that should be it.

So, who will start the next Tech Weekend thread so we can get together and sort someone else's truck?

BTW Andy, still getting over the amazing sound of Lexurf V
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Good news Andy, all that bad language was worth it in the end.

Might be booking the lift one weekend when I can get a new filter sorted out

Comment

You are always welcome.

Just need to adjust the kick down cable now, stop the lurch into reverse...8 litres of ATF

Comment

if only i was a bit near there...
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Sounds like I'm a bit late... but this sounds like a great idea!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
              Sounds like I'm a bit late... but this sounds like a great idea!
              Are you next? Doesn't even need to be a Surf....

Comment

I don't actually have much left to do on mine... I just like the idea! Proper forum communal spirit and all that.
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=82081

We were hoping to do similar here. Maybe not so much hands on (only have the car park) exchange of info/ideas, sell, swap parts etc.

Again anyone like to suggest a date ?

Comment

I could do with a tech wkend, everyone come down to me and help me get my blasted truck finished.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein View Post
                      I could do with a tech wkend, everyone come down to me and help me get my blasted truck finished.

Will you be serving sausages etc ???

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
                        Will you be serving sausages etc ???

I could put a joint of beef on the barby. plus i could show everyone how not to mod a truck properly.
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

Okay

Lets start the Surf rolling.

Sign me up, big boy. Name the day

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
                            Okay

Lets start the Surf rolling.

Sign me up, big boy. Name the day
                            lol.I need to invest in a load of parts from the states first, then i will give you a shout.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

I really like this idea. (not really an idea as you guys are actually doing it)

I don't need anything doing to mine at the moment, but that's not the point. People chipping in to help others out when they are in the dog doodoo gets my vote.

I don't know that much about Surfs, tinkered a little bit, but if anyone needs a hand and is reasonably local, I'll come and help out even if it's only to pass spanners to the real mechanics.

I did the 2" body lift on mine with a bit of help from a mate so I know the score there.

If it comes to the worst I can make a good cup of tea / coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonk View Post
                                I really like this idea. (not really an idea as you guys are actually doing it)

I don't need anything doing to mine at the moment, but that's not the point. People chipping in to help others out when they are in the dog doodoo gets my vote.

I don't know that much about Surfs, tinkered a little bit, but if anyone needs a hand and is reasonably local, I'll come and help out even if it's only to pass spanners to the real mechanics.

I did the 2" body lift on mine with a bit of help from a mate so I know the score there.

If it comes to the worst I can make a good cup of tea / coffee.
                                It use to work really well, we have done body lifts, rock sliders, gearbox xmember mounts, ac removal, engine swaps.etc. Everyone use to lend a hand to do something and it was a great way of meeting fellow surf owners.
                                www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X