No announcement yet.

Help needed big time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you are sorted. What actually was it?

Comment

morning, i think it was a large air lock in the pump,followed the instructions from surfenstein and also put a none return valve on the fuel pipe (return). Only took a few turns on the starter and off so went.Fingers crossed thats it for a while untill turbo fix... Mick

Comment

Just a note the diaphragm in the filter head degrades and then lets in air and will produce similar symptoms. A good check is to remove the head and the filter, spilt and then push the priming pump , If it sounds like Darth Vader on helium it need replacing.
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Thanks for that Biohazard, think I will be having a look at that as not starting first time after left for a few hours,needed a good few attempts after being left for 8 hours today,if left for an hour it's fine, so fuel pressure must be going somewhere....Mick

Comment

FYI.
            It's always handy to carry a litre of ATF (to fill) a spare fuel filter (if ya have to change it while on the road (or Offroad) Save any bleeding ..

While ya still having to use ya Truck with primmer pump/starting problems try parking (if ya able) facing downhill !!
            Hope this helps

13+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota
            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
              Check the fuel filler cap when released if its hissing.If so the breather is blocked
              Where is this breather located?

Comment

On top of the fuel tank, mine was at the back end ... About the size of a cotton reel Good Luck

13+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Thanks. I'll check it tomorrow. I don't think it'll be that but it's worth ruling something else out.

Comment

Working...
                  X