Nice Avatar Dad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Avatar Dad!

Whens the rest of the engine going in the vagrant mobile?

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Originally posted by TonyN
    Whens the rest of the engine going in the vagrant mobile?

Why thankyou son . I have been working on the 'Lan just before we went to Suffolk/Norfolk on hols . I was moving stuff out the garage ready for dump and suddenly found my car !
    The running gear was fitted last year but head needed to go on before I refitted the body to chassis , along with exhaust (as posted in basement, which has know been sorted) .
    I fitted the head and tonight test fitted the exhaust downpipes .
    So when that is done I will try and get the body back on .
    18 years and still counting !!

Rick
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
      Why thankyou son . I have been working on the 'Lan just before we went to Suffolk/Norfolk on hols . I was moving stuff out the garage ready for dump and suddenly found my car !
      The running gear was fitted last year but head needed to go on before I refitted the body to chassis , along with exhaust (as posted in basement, which has know been sorted) .
      I fitted the head and tonight test fitted the exhaust downpipes .
      So when that is done I will try and get the body back on .
      18 years and still counting !!

Rick

You can't rush these classic car rebuilds...................... .
      NO WORRIES!
      Rusty

Comment

so, what is the avatar? i can't tell with my blurry screen! looks like 2 sticks of dynamite!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
          so, what is the avatar? i can't tell with my blurry screen! looks like 2 sticks of dynamite!
          Wipe some of that slug slime out of your eyes or suspiciuos deposits off your screen

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
            It's the cam cover from a Mk2 1558cc Lotus twin cam, should come in black only.

Rick
            If you need the cover that goes in the middle of the cam cover, the one that covers the spark plug leads, I have one in my garage along with a load of Lotus badges.

Comment

ah ha!... i see now.. it's a bit hard to judge the size of it to tell what it is!... must invest in a new screen!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
                Wipe some of that slug slime out of your eyes or suspiciuos deposits off your screen

Rick
                Bwahahahahahahaaa......:breath e:.....BWAHAHAHAHAhahahaha.... ....

:cough:

chuckle...........

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                  It's the cam cover from a Mk2 1558cc Lotus twin cam, should come in black only.

Rick
                  If you need the cover that goes in the middle of the cam cover, the one that covers the spark plug leads, I have one in my garage along with a load of Lotus badges.
                  Trust me Andy that is the correct colour and wrinkle finish for my year and model of Elan +2 . Yes most are black , some are blue and a couple of other colours I beleive . I have a couple of books which list the colours and finishes for each model/year . Black was the main colour used .
                  I have spent many years researching parts and such for Elan +2 .
                  I would be greatful of anything you might want to sell as some parts are getting hard to get

Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X