New guy! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy! :)

Hey guys, thought I'd post up and introduce myself. Just got myself a 2nd Gen Surf SSR-X KZN130 I believe it is. Loving it so far and makes a big change to what I usually drive (a very much lowered 2008 Volkswagen Jetta). Got to say I'm actually prefering being higher up! haha .

At the moment it's quite standard but would love to get some 32's and maybe a 2" lift or so. If anyone could advise the best way to go around this that I wont have to sell a kidney for would be amazing!

Anyway I'll try and keep as active as I can on the Forum, I've already found a lot of useful info!

Hello & welcome Dan

Let me be 1st to ask. Post some pics

Comment

Hi and welcome.The cheapest and quickest lift is to do a bodylift.Will give you a couple inch clearance for tyres but i would say go the 3-4" lift on body and suspension then fit 33's easy
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Or stick LC springs on the back and wind the torsion bars. An hours work = 2" lift.
        Brian

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

I'll have to take a good look into all the ways of lifting. I've been looking on eBay at the cheap body lift kits, are these any good or is it better to buy a good well known brand?

Also here are a few photos for you all

Comment

Nice pics & welcome to the burgundy club

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
              Nice pics & welcome to the burgundy club
              Thank you . Really love the burgundy colour. Soon as it's a bit warmer I'm going to get the DA Polisher out and get rid of all the swirl marks and get it looking shiny for when it isn't muddy

Comment

Hello and welcome. Body lift kits are just plastic blocks and the longer bolts, no need to spend a fortune. Some folk advise taking the fuel inlet hose off, DONT! It's a bugger to refit sometimes so just have someone keep an eye on it as it stretches to accommodate the lift block.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
                  Nice pics & welcome to the burgundiddy club
                  Corrected that for you.
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
                      Hello and welcome. Body lift kits are just plastic blocks and the longer bolts, no need to spend a fortune. Some folk advise taking the fuel inlet hose off, DONT! It's a bugger to refit sometimes so just have someone keep an eye on it as it stretches to accommodate the lift block.
                      Thanks for that info . I read somewhere to just loosen it off slightly and move it around 1cm. Shall I do that or just leave it as it is? I read I also need to file around the steering shaft and the auto gear lever too.

Comment

Don't listen to him..he is the Devil. Look at his post count!!!

KERRSURF

.... Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Overland Tonka View Post
                          Don't listen to him..he is the Devil. Look at his post count!!!

KERRSURF

Satan himself is on the forum! :P

Comment

Working...
                          X