No announcement yet.

Spare wheel carrier/ back door swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the swing-arm carrier also need the tailgate to feature the correct locking mechanism for the arm to lock into it? Mine has got the swing-arm, so I've not studied the tailgate on an underslung.
    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Trebor.
      The two tailgates on a Gen 3 are quite different. If your truck is a dark blue Gen 3, I may be interested in a complete swap of bits as I find the spare wheel carrier a pain when using a rear bike rack.
      Shame you're not a bit closer!
      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by markp2 View Post
        Trebor.
        The two tailgates on a Gen 3 are quite different. If your truck is a dark blue Gen 3, I may be interested in a complete swap of bits as I find the spare wheel carrier a pain when using a rear bike rack.
        Shame you're not a bit closer!
        Mark
        I have a Gen 2 unfortunately! The tailgate does need the locking mechanism, and a suitable tailgate for the number plate and number plate illuminator.

Comment

Sorry for delay. I got the carrier and lock panel out. As I thought , I no longer got mounting bolts for it but you can buy some from a good hardware shop.
          I will take the £30 but I have no idea how much postage will be. I will weigh it for you so you can get some courier/postage costs.
          Attached Files
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I am going to have to pass on this kind offer . Her indoors has put the kybosh on anymore spending...

Comment

any chance the swing spare holder is still available?
              cheers

Comment

Originally posted by vortexwizard View Post
                any chance the swing spare holder is still available?
                cheers
                If you need a 2nd gen carrier I still got one. Let me know if you are interested. £30 plus P&P . I will go check it again as in storage and want to confirm all is still there etc.
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

already got one cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X