3rd Gen MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Gen MOT

Put my 3rd Gen in for an MOT couple of weeks back. It's the one I bought from 'Flip Flop' one of the members here in Aberdeenshire 6 or 7 months back. 1996 model KZN185 Jap Import. Was expecting a failure since it was old. The guy in the Garage came back to me and indeed said it had failed. I asked if I needed a mattress on my back for the amount needing fixed. He sighed and said it failed on a leaky shock absorber. Is that it? Whew! No need for the mattress! That's the first older car I have purchased that didn't need anything done on it and had no advisories on the MOT either! COOL!! The MOT tester was surprised too!

Great 4x4!!
    Attached Files
    Surf's up dude!

Nice one Steve .Change both shocks though at the same time
    www.milneroffroad.com
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Yup

Garage in Aberdeenshire changed them both. They asked first if it was a Jap import to which I said yes then they scratched their chins and said 'Should get the shocks in by tomorrow. So brought the Surf in next day. They put it on the ramps, wiggled about, shook their heads then said. 'Sorry we ordered the wrong ones!'. Had to wait 4 days for the right ones to come in....lol.

Bill was £ 288 for the MOT parts and Labour. Not too bad. My last 4x4 was a 2003 2.4 TD L200 Double Cab pick up. After it's MOT the estimated bill was in excess of £ 2000 hence I went back to the 'Car in front is a Toyota'.

Never getting an L200 again. I'll stick with the trusty Surf! A great Truck. Only thing I don't like about it is changing the stereo in it...lol
      Surf's up dude!

Comment

Funny you mention L200's as i have had 2 now and sold my 11plate back in June
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Ive had my current Surf for 7 years. Its been in the UK for 11 and never failed a test yet, and only ever had 2 advisories. One was about play in steering somewhere which I ignored and its never been advised since. Other was that my exhaust was looking poorly, which of course I was aware of but was waiting until it actually fell apart rather than do it while it was just " looking " ready.

Next test is due in Jan 2015, Ive probably put a hex on that now by stating the above.
          Сви можемо

Comment

Ah should be ok. The Surf's seem to be really good underneath. Just as well with the mile long dirt track leading to my house! Luckily for me I have an Aluminium Missile ended exhaust system installed on my 3rd Gen. Have had no noises or whistles on it. Just the usual throaty growl when starting up and moving away. Sounds like one of these Subaru Imprezza cars...lol

Best car I have bought so far I think! But I will have to learn how to drive with an Auto Box better. Was a bit awkward pulling a trailer with a couple of big round Haylege bails on.

Surf's up dude!

Comment

Originally posted by stevcolx View Post
              Put my 3rd Gen in for an MOT couple of weeks back. It's the one I bought from 'Flip Flop' one of the members here in Aberdeenshire 6 or 7 months back. 1996 model KZN185 Jap Import. Was expecting a failure since it was old. The guy in the Garage came back to me and indeed said it had failed. I asked if I needed a mattress on my back for the amount needing fixed. He sighed and said it failed on a leaky shock absorber. Is that it? Whew! No need for the mattress! That's the first older car I have purchased that didn't need anything done on it and had no advisories on the MOT either! COOL!! The MOT tester was surprised too!

Great 4x4!!
              Glad it was minor repairs Steve n No Surprises with Yota ....
              now the BIG
              Happy Days of Surfing

13+ Years of Surfs ..... n Faultless to a "T" is my Yota !!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

The cat wants to get involved
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

The cat wants in the car! Any time I leave any of the doors open she jumps in and settles in on the passenger seat! As the other 3 cats we have do too!

Funny you should mention the cat! She never went in my old L200!
                  Surf's up dude!

Comment

Working...
                  X