Ln 130b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ln 130b

as you can see I own a 1991 ln130b 3 ltr diesel surf that's on the vin plate but when I go online to order parts it comes up 2.4 but it is a 3 ltr ln 130 b so I sometimes order parts for a 4 runner, if I go to a car shop then I don't often get the parts as they can't identify it its a low mileage truck and in very good condition and don't want to sell it but the parts problem may mean I will at some time,
    I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.

Originally posted by skandaman View Post
    as you can see I own a 1991 ln130b 3 ltr diesel surf that's on the vin plate but when I go online to order parts it comes up 2.4 but it is a 3 ltr ln 130 b so I sometimes order parts for a 4 runner, if I go to a car shop then I don't often get the parts as they can't identify it its a low mileage truck and in very good condition and don't want to sell it but the parts problem may mean I will at some time,
    I just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.
    Wouldn't it be a kzn130?
    well, that was a bad idea!

Comment

Originally posted by muddle View Post
      Wouldn't it be a kzn130?

Zackly.

If it's a 3.0 then it will be a KZN-130, engine is 1KZT-E.

Comment

a 1991 ln130 should be a 2.4, its probably had an engine conversion done.
        put a pic up of the engine bay, soon tell you what you have.

Comment

I will get a photo of engine bay tomorrow inc vin plate , thanks for your replies its a grat help.

Comment

Does it have a turbo ?

Comment

Yes it's got a turbo diesel but I'm not sure if vin plate is genuine it says q ln130 g 2.980 litre im thinking maybe vin plate and engine may have been replaced.

Comment

I thought it may have been a 2.8 normally aspirated diesel.

Photos will clear it up.

Comment

I've tried to post pictures but this site just won't take them as I upload them they seem to get lost on the way

Comment

My engine bay
                    Attached Files

Comment

And the vin plate
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
                        It looks like KZ TE to me but I can't find me glasses and had a bottle of Rose with my Sunday lunch...
                        Cheers

Comment

In my modest opinion your Vin plate is for a 2.4 Surf but you have a 3.0 engine in it. But maybe you should wait for someone who is sober, or has good eyesight or both!
                          Cheers

Comment

Ah...found my goggles!
                            So, the VIN doesn't make sense to me...it says 2L TE (which is the 2.4 engine) and then it says 2982 cc ( which is the size of the 3 litre engine)...
                            Weird

Comment

It looks more than likely that it was a 2.4 as the reg plate said and its blowed up and someone has fitted a 3 litre so I'm looking at buying body and brakes etc for a 2.4 and engine parts for a 3 litre 4Runner I was thinking of naming it hinz like my dog he don't know who his dad if either.
                              Thanks for all your replies

Comment

Working...
                              X