2" suspension lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" suspension lift

I'm looking to give my 3rd gena suspension lift and wondering what the average price is to do this, parts are new and will be bought from roughtrax, just debating the Rancho or Monroe lift kits, is there any difference with them?

I had the Monroe kit and thought it was rubbish.

The springs were too hard, then sagged hugely, and the shocks seemed to mis-match the springs.

Roughtrax service was excellent.

In the end I binned it all and imported a Toytec coilover kit, and adjustable upper arms. Well worth the extra, the truck rides and drives as well as stock, and sits properly.

By the way, if you are interested, I have:

3" Aluminium "spacer" lift kit (I think it works out 2.5" front, 3" rear)

1.5" Poly "Spacer" lift kit (I think its 1.5" front 2" rear)

1" 4crawler body lift kit (Including bumper mounts and steering extension)

All going spare.

I still have the Monroe lift kit too, but wouldn't rate it!

I have heard that the Rancho one is better, but can't speak from personal experience.
    Last edited by Karma Supra; 21 October 2014, 20:53.
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra View Post
      I had the Monroe kit and thought it was rubbish.

The springs were too hard, then sagged hugely, and the shocks seemed to mis-match the springs.

Roughtrax service was excellent.

In the end I binned it all and imported a Toytec coilover kit, and adjustable upper arms. Well worth the extra, the truck rides and drives as well as stock, and sits properly.

By the way, if you are interested, I have:

3" Aluminium "spacer" lift kit (I think it works out 2.5" front, 3" rear)

1.5" Poly "Spacer" lift kit (I think its 1.5" front 2" rear)

1" 4crawler body lift kit (Including bumper mounts and steering extension)

All going spare.

I still have the Monroe lift kit too, but wouldn't rate it!

I have heard that the Rancho one is better, but can't speak from personal experience.
      The aluminium lift kit is that for the body lift?
      How much are you looking for it and is it hard to fit?

I was originally going to go with the Rancho 2" suspension lift kit and then a body lift but if I see a difference a May go the other way around 1st, I have had the baby for 7 + yrs and next to no trouble and think its time to make it look more aggressive than she looks at present as I am using slightly bigger tyres which rub on the bumper plastics with full lock

Comment

bummer, if the lift kit was a gen 2,i'd have been interested.

Comment

The "spacer" kits are suspension kits,

The rears sit between the spring and the top mount on the chassis, The fronts sit between the strut top and the chassis mounting point.

Very easy to fit, just remove the springs and refit with the spacers in place...

The 1.5" kit is much more of an effort, as you need to remove the front springs from the shock/strut assembly, and replace the stuffs in the top mount for longer ones.

The kit looks something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-2002-...item415e201010 and cost me $253.20 (Just under £160) not including import tax, and had about 6 months use.

I think I have a spare 1" diff drop kit somewhere too, but can't remember! I really need to make an inventory and advertise my stuff properly!
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Sorry been ill with this ###### flu and coughing worse that a 2nd gen lol

My surf has the soft hard dampeners but to be fair I never use it, I need to work out which way is going to be best as I'm using slightly higher tyres than normal and when I put full lock on they rub which annoys the hell out of me

Ideally wanted a suspension and body lift 1 after the other

Comment

Working...
            X