Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breakers yards

I have lost the will to live with this.

I saw an item on eBay that a breakers was selling listed as free delivery.
    I enquirer about it wanting more info before clicking buy it now.
    It has taken a week, several emails and phone calls to get the info.
    Now they have upped the price and want to charge me postage.

SO ANNOYING!

Hello
    What breakers yard was it,and what part someone on here may have one.

Comment

The breakers is somewhere in chorley and the part was a differential. No one here will have what I need though.

Spent all week trying to explain that I need the ratios and that my registration and engine number would not tell them what part I need.

Set off wanting £375 for a complete axle plus *FREE DELIVERY*.
      Now they want £350 for just the diff and £50 postage.

Comment

Thats a poor show!

I've had similar but I drove 100 miles to collect it, and when I tuned up they decided to up the price by £50

Comment

Its more frustrating that its taken a whole week to get the ratios out of them.

Also how can they justify £50 postage for a diff this week yet they would have delivered a whole axle last week for free?

I have lost my temper with it now anyway. Im going to wait for another one to come up now.

In all fairness £400 is probably still ok value but Im mad with them now.

Comment

Yup they can be a nightmare to deal with...

I've almost given up looking for a complete Land cruiser Prado rear axle without the E locker!

Some of the prices they also ask for are obscene!
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

I have finaly sorted it and by coinsidence the diff I have gone for is a colorado/prado elocker and loom.

Comment

The saga continues.

I thought I had sorted all my problems when I got them to agree to a sensible price. The axle arrived on a pallet this afternoon. Brilliant......

....Until I had a propper look at it. Its the wrong ratio.

It only took a week to get through to them I wanted a 4.1:1 diff. They send me a 4.3:1.

Im waiting on a reply from them but I can bet it wont be good news. The best I can hope for is that they rectify their mistake and everyone is happy.
                At very least I want all my money back.

Why is nothing ever easy?

Comment

Easier to get a matching 282 front diff ? (especially if you're considering bigger tyres)

Comment

If they swap the diff for the correct one, which they should realy as its their mistake, then I will stick with the 4.1. If they tell me they dont have the correct diff I will either swap out my front diff for a 4.3, which would cost around £100, or get my money back and wait to find a 4.1.

Its more annoying to me that I told them what I needed, I told them how to identify the correct diff from the build plate, I even told them how to check the diff by rotating a wheel and counting the turns on the flange. Point is they just couldnt be bothered.

Comment

E-locker diffs are pretty hard to find, 4.3 front diffs are easier to find.

If I was in your position I'd just buy a 4.3 front diff and sell on the 4.1 diff.

However I can understand why you are not happy.

I'm assuming you are staying with standard tyres as the 4.3 would be better if you were going up in size ?

Comment

I'm using 31" kl71 muds at the moment but plan on getting 33"s when funds allow. I know where you are coming from with the whole 4.3 thing. I just don't think its entirely necessary. I just wanted a nice easy swap, no messing and its turning into a nightmare.

Comment

So I havnt heard anything back from the breakers yet.

I have put some thought into just changing the front diff to match.

I may strip the diff out of the axle tomorrow.

Would there be any market for the axle here? Its a complete rear axle from a Landcruiser Colorado, I believe it may fit a 3rd gen surf too. It will obviously be minus the locking diff but does have shafts, disk brakes and calipers, I imagine these could be swapped onto a 3rd gen axle without problems. Would it be worth posting in the for sale section or would ebay be a better bet?

Comment

Originally posted by spanner_monkey View Post
                            So I havnt heard anything back from the breakers yet.

I have put some thought into just changing the front diff to match.

I may strip the diff out of the axle tomorrow.

Would there be any market for the axle here? Its a complete rear axle from a Landcruiser Colorado, I believe it may fit a 3rd gen surf too. It will obviously be minus the locking diff but does have shafts, disk brakes and calipers, I imagine these could be swapped onto a 3rd gen axle without problems. Would it be worth posting in the for sale section or would ebay be a better bet?
                            If you wanna flog the 4.1 im in need again!!

Comment

Ignore that just seen it was a 4.3

Comment

Working...
                              X