Well! i guess it had to happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well! i guess it had to happen

Hello all, been off for quite a while sorry about that, boredom and some health stuff, anyway the old trucks overheated and i fear the worst, i have some things to try before i do "an Elvis" on it it blew out about three lt's of coolant, refilled and run it up and its slowly blowing coolant out the drain cock air lock magubbins i rigged up,
    and once again the power steering pullys wobbling like a goodun, going to have a look at that today, bugga is ti's been running really well for ages, nippy relaiable etc, too good to last, hope you are all well, i'll let ya know how it gets on,
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Sorry to hear that Ian. Lets hope you don't have yo for an Elvis on it...though quite what feeding it a cheeseburger and watching it die on the cludgie will do...Im not sure.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

It is the universes way of suggesting that it might be time for a V8

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
      Sorry to hear that Ian. Lets hope you don't have yo for an Elvis on it...though quite what feeding it a cheeseburger and watching it die on the cludgie will do...Im not sure.

From now on I promise to use "Cludgie" more often!
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Bad news Ian, hopefully it's not as terminal as it sounds

Comment

Cheer's guys, Gra! i was thinking more of a hail of bullits than a cheeseburger huh huh!
          right first bit of good is the steering pump was just missing the pully nut! feck knows where that went but i found one that fits, we'll just have to see about the overheating, guess first step (and the cheapest) is a new cap, see if that does any good,
          i was thinking about a vented tank on the roof piped into the coolant, two pipes, thought that would help vent the build up of pressure and re-supply the coolant! or am i talking ball locks
          only thing wrong with that i can see is it'll hit the garage roof

Comment

Good new (i hope) it appears i've got away with the overheating episode, after several runs temps holding down ok, just lost coolant, not sure where as theres no visable leaks, so carry on surfing!! might even give it a good clean out and a shampoo

Comment

Good news Ian and I hope it stays that way.
              Сви можемо

Comment

Thanks Alex, yeah mate keeping my fingers crossed (and keep checking the coolant) hope your well mate,

Comment

Yes Ian I'm doing fine. 10 years ago when I got my first Surf I was a sprightly young thing, now Ive got the B&Q coffin dodger card, and it takes me 2 days to recover from things like fitting a new exhaust, but ho hum, I manage. I take it your all good yourself?
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                    Yes Ian I'm doing fine. 10 years ago when I got my first Surf I was a sprightly young thing, now Ive got the B&Q coffin dodger card, and it takes me 2 days to recover from things like fitting a new exhaust, but ho hum, I manage. I take it your all good yourself?
                    Ahah yeah! i know the feeling only too well, out of bed and start the day with good intensions and it seems like i'm back in it in no time at all haveing done nothing, got my B&Q card, bus pass, i can get in all the museums at a discount, meet n greet at the Havant Garden center coffee morning and swop storys on the best funeral homes! (co-op's looking the best bet)

Comment

Working...
                    X