Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello to all (especially to anyone in NI), after always wanting a surf my last motor failed MOT on a long list of things, so two months ago I took myself over to England and bought my surf. Pleased as punch! Spent time beforehand browsing this forum, so with a network of so many well rounded, good natured, good humoured people as yourselves to ask for advise, what could possibly go wrong!

So for my first every question, simple as it my be:

Whilst giving my (not so) new surf a good overhaul it came to the fuel filter. I decided to check the operation of the hand priming pump before removing the filter, as I didn't want to find out it didn't work once I was trying to bleed the system. The pump only moves down about 10mm then springs back up. Tried pulling pump handle upwards but it is soild. Is it knackered or just not budging cause the filter is full of fuel?

Now to sit back and wait for a load of kind strangers to take the ####!

Rgds,

Geoff

Take the p1$$ ?

Us ?

How rude

like most things in life the more you pump the harder they get.

Probably fine.

If curiosity gets the better of you and you do change the filter that is when the primer will be proved, but sounds ok to me.
    BTW most recommend when changing the filter to stick some Redex or similar in there as it may help to give the injectors a clean through.

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

Bottle of redex is standing by...

Got hold of one of those in line pumps so even if it is knackered should still be able to rig something to keep her going.

I've had plenty of practice pumping

Only the weekend will tell . . . . .

Comment

Hi and welcome. My fuel pump primer has been completely bypassed with a in line lift pump. Never had any problem with the set up.

Comment

might just install it as a permanent feature as you have. Wouldn't hurt to have both. Think the best place would be between engine and filter. That way the fuel would be pumped from tank through filter, letting the fuel pump take care of any air on the other side.

Comment

Working...
          X