Is it the diff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it the diff?

I've noticed for a while now on Nina's truck when we are towing - the caravan mostly, that when pulling away it sounds and feels like a lack of traction - almost as though the wheels are slipping. Kind of juddering.

While out last week, without the caravan I noticed the same problem when pulling away from a junction. My concern is that it's the diff 'slipping' if that's possible, but I think it could be the rear prop needing grease.

Any ideas? Cheers.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Do you have an LSD?

They sometimes judder when they wear.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Checked the prop shaft uj's
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Clutch/dual mass(manual?) Possibly.
        Brian

Comment

.......and if all of what they said isn't right.... (it all sounds legit to me)

check the auto fluid level....... (assuming auto...)

if it's low you tend to feel slip, then sudden bite... if its too hot, you feel slippage...

if that all checks out (still assuming auto) check the torque converter locking solenoid... mine is goosed..

Means when I boot it hard with the V8 it slips!
          More Lift.
          More Tyres.
          More Engine.

Comment

Cheers everyone, It's an auto and I had to replace the bottom hose from the trans cooler and refill the ATF just two weeks ago, so kind of happy to rule that out, but i will get it in the air today and have a good look at all the UJs and replace/service as needed.
            Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
            X