3rd gen ATF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen ATF

Quick question to the clever folk on here.

Nina had to be recovered today by the outstanding guys at Richford Motor Services Ltd, thanks to Darren for getting her truck home..she was driving up a hill towards Ibstock and lost power and was just revving, and when I got there the ATF was waddling out of the front.

Once home and bash plate off, the lower hose on the hrs looking at the front of the truck, had split, just at the point the metal connector ends inside.

I've got the split one off and will replace it tomorrow, but my question is, is there any other reason, other than age, that would make that split there?

I'll be buying another cooler and bypassing that one before our hols next month, but was just curious as to whether I should be looking for anything else?

TIA.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Sounds age related guvnor. If it's original, it's been on there a long time now. Was it showing any signs of being chafed/rubbed anywhere?
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Not really, hence the question. It looked mostly OK, but pretty sure it's the original.

Comment

Age usually, although the hoses are oilproof, they do degrade over time, I've seen them fail before like that on Supras.

They don't run particularly high pressure... but make sure you replace the hose with something if a suitable grade.
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

All done - hose replaced, ATF filled up and road tested by towing a trailer full of hay....

Comment

Working...
          X