what is this for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this for?

this might seem a bit dumm,but i found this on the spare wheel carrier, and i cant really see that it serves any logical purpose.
    or am i missing something obvious ??
    any help would be appreciated, just need to know if i have to clean it up or bin it.
    thanks

A mounting for bike carrier ?

Comment

not sure,Robert. rear wheel had a cover on it ,so it wouldn't have been accessible. just hope it has nothing to do with the truck,itself.
      even with a good bead-blasting,and re-spray it would still be grotty. just dont want to bin it and find at a later date it has some important use!

Comment

It's not a functional part of the truck. It's just an adapter for some 3rd party purpose.

I reckon woodwarm is on to something. Either way...when utilised the owner would have removed the wheel cover.

If it was made for the truck...Toyota would have made it for the truck. That piece has slotted stud holes which suggests it's a 3rd party item to suit different configs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
          It's not a functional part of the truck. It's just an adapter for some 3rd party purpose.

I reckon woodwarm is on to something. Either way...when utilised the owner would have removed the wheel cover.

If it was made for the truck...Toyota would have made it for the truck. That piece has slotted stud holes which suggests it's a 3rd party item to suit different configs.
          thanks. i thought slots looked generic,too.
          consigned to the scrap metal skip at work,then.

Comment

Part of a CB antenna mount?
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=73765

the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post

this might seem a bit dumm,but i found this on the spare wheel carrier, and i cant really see that it serves any logical purpose.
                or am i missing something obvious ??
                any help would be appreciated, just need to know if i have to clean it up or bin it.
                thanks
                The scrap bin.

Even if it served a purpose, it's already served it.

Comment

Seriously though, mine had something similar but with two bits poking out of the middle. I think, as somebody already mentioned, it's a carrier of some kind.

Comment

thanks,guys. its scrap,thats for sure. nasty cheap bit of fabrication.
                    wouldn't have wanted it to hold my coat,let alone a bike.

Comment

thanks, that looks very similar.
                      and now i know where to get a cheap bike rack from!

Comment

Working...
                      X