Tow bar Cycle carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow bar Cycle carrier

Hey guys. I am thinking of getting a tow bar cycle carrier for my Surf, I have found this one on Ebay, a Thule Euro 0403 3 Bike Carrier.

However I am not sure it will fit, the seller seems to think it will. I just wanted to get a "Surf" opinion!

Heres the pic:

Link here:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123
    Last edited by danfitt; 11 July 2014, 13:49.

Only real issue there may be would be clearance if you had a rear mounted wheel carrier. I do and I fitted a twin bike carrier that fits over the spare tyre, it means I can swing the carrier out of the way to get into the boot with the bike still attached.
    This is the type I have. Very easy to fold and store once it's off the truck.
    Attached Files
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I'm not sure that will fit as the spare tyre on a surf sticks out a long way!
      The 4 bike Thule tow bar mounted one I have fits the wife's Zafira but is miles to too short to go on the Surf.
      I've got a really sturdy 2 bike carrier to fit on the tyre for the Surf.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbslc View Post
        I'm not sure that will fit as the spare tyre on a surf sticks out a long way!
        I tend to agree.. I might just let it go and shop around for one that fits over the wheel.

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

I have the same one as Kerssurf. I bought it in Argos, and it's a good quality Mont Blanc one.

I can't find a link to it on the Argos website at the moment; they only seem to have the saloon and hatchback ones on there.

Here's the Halfords one

Comment

Yup, Mont Blanc from Argos too. Had it for over 9 years, still works perfectly. I pretty much lives on my truck so it's lasting well.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

I just got a witter one off ebay for 30 quid,
              They also do one that's supposed to bend around a spare wheel.

http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/cycl...hp?partNo=ZX99

You need to have a detachable knob.
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

I use a halfords one around the wheel it takes 3 bikes and swings out the way with the bikes on to get in the back.found mine on eBay for £15 they come up a lot on there.
                GRAVITY IS A MYTH THE EARTH SUCKS!!!

Comment

I have exactly the same carrier as you were looking at and a rear mounted spare wheel. It fits fine and I find I can easily carry 2 mountain bikes OK. However I cant fit a 3rd bike in the slot nearest the vehicle on the rack as the wheel blocks access to it. Perhaps I should look at a wheel mounted carrier instead.

Cheers.

Hugh.

Comment

Working...
                  X