Cool Japanese Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Japanese Pictures

Some very cool pictures here, you may even see yours!!!!

http://jtopper.at.infoseek.co.jp/katudou.html

I was talking to a mechanic at a garage yesterday that had a lot of Surfs, they are just sticking to 3.0 now because they feel consumer confidence has been dented by the few problems that happen with 2.4s.

He said that none of theirs have had problems since a dealer in Japan told them it was to do with the type of coolant. I can't remeber the specifics to the coolant but it was inferred that if you mix Japanese and English coolant they combine together creating globules (very technical of me ), this collects and blocks the coolant system leading to the overheating. Apparently they flush their systems through 3 times to remove all traces and have had no problems!

Just thought i'd add this - maybe its not just air pockets.

I personally am not too sure about this, it may explain when people have encountered problems just after purchasing. But in the case of Koi and others which went after a year it is a bit less likely, as i'm sure in that period they must have flushed their coolant system many times.

Cheers

n0rm
    "disinclined to acquiesce your proposition - NO"

Originally posted by n0rm

I was talking to a mechanic at a garage yesterday that had a lot of Surfs, they are just sticking to 3.0 now because they feel consumer confidence has been dented by the few problems that happen with 2.4s.

He said that none of theirs have had problems since a dealer in Japan told them it was to do with the type of coolant. I can't remeber the specifics to the coolant but it was inferred that if you mix Japanese and English coolant they combine together creating globules (very technical of me ), this collects and blocks the coolant system leading to the overheating. Apparently they flush their systems through 3 times to remove all traces and have had no problems!

I personally am not too sure about this, it may explain when people have encountered problems just after purchasing. But in the case of Koi and others which went after a year it is a bit less likely, as i'm sure in that period they must have flushed their coolant system many times.

Cheers

n0rm
    Indeed, ran a flush agent in it first, then drained and flushed through every pipe i could access until it all ran clear. Filled ran for a couple of miles, then drained and flushed again.
    Bad luck i suppose, but still its all been done now and runs like a dream.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Fantastic site, a good find!
      Damian

http://www.themudlife.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by n0rm

Cheers

n0rm
        Are you sure about this?I have topped up my coolant,hope it's ok.