Truetracs Front & Rear Axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truetracs Front & Rear Axle

Hi I have had installed Truetracs for Front & Rear Axle as the front axles were way over due a service on my 70 series Land Cruiser.

I believe these exact truetracs can be fitted to standard LSD surfs but I want to know what I can do to test operation. They are silent in operation and I haven't come across a situation yet where I know that the truetrac is in operation.

Auto lockers will ratchet/release when wheel speeds differ. Drive round a round about and you will here them ratchet/clicking. If you don't hear them they are fitted wrong. Unless they are the gear type that run open and lock when the spinning of one wheel throws the diff into lock
    Last edited by yoshie; 18 June 2014, 22:16.
    Brian

Comment

Find a road that has grass verge, (no kerbs) and stop with the nearside wheels on the grass, and stomp on the go pedal. An open diff will just spin the wheels that are on the grass and the truck won't move. With LSDs, the truck will pull away as normal.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
        Auto lockers are locked by default, they ratchet/release when wheel speeds differ. Drive round a round about and you will here them ratchet/clicking.
        A truetrac doesn't quite work like that. It is a high capacity Torsen style limited slip differential - acts as genuine 100% full locker - very smooth action no nasty clicking like a aggressive autolocker.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkshire Devil View Post
          A truetrac doesn't quite work like that. It is a high capacity Torsen style limited slip differential - acts as genuine 100% full locker - very smooth action no nasty clicking like a aggressive autolocker.
          See edit
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Find a road that has grass verge, (no kerbs) and stop with the nearside wheels on the grass, and stomp on the go pedal. An open diff will just spin the wheels that are on the grass and the truck won't move. With LSDs, the truck will pull away as normal.
            You wouldn't believe the driving around I did trying to find a suitable grass verge the other day and could I find one could I f*ck!

I will try the rear with that rear wheels, how would I test the front Truetrac?

Comment

Truetracs Front & Rear

Have any members fitted a truetrac or similar (after market) to their trucks?

I don't know really what to expect but generally (for the money) heard good reviews without going to a ARB.

How is the locking controlled by dabbing the brakes?

When reversing up the embankment I think I lost drive to one wheel but the front seemed to push ok with one wheel off the ground?
              Last edited by Yorkshire Devil; 30 June 2014, 23:19.

Comment

Working...
              X