Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel fittments

Evening all,

Before you start, i have used the search but couldn't find the specific answer i'm after.

So, the land cruiser 80 wheels i was going to buy fell through & now i like the look of the Mickey Thompson Classics, and the locked versions.

Only i have not got a clue which size to fit.

I have 31" tyres now, but want to go up to 33" after i have lifted etc, so looking at putting 33" BFG's on.

What wheel size should i go for & would i need spacers?

The list is below:

I'm assuming my truck has arches that could accommodate wide wheels?

Cheers

James

Assuming that you want to keep the same wheel diameter and assuming I'm reading the bolt/circle column correctly you only have one choice from that list
    1350411 ?
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
      Assuming that you want to keep the same wheel diameter and assuming I'm reading the bolt/circle column correctly you only have one choice from that list
      1350411 ?
      Cheers, I don't mind going bigger!

Presumably I will need to use spacers with an offset of -48mm? Or does minus mean it will stick out a bit?

What does "back spacing ?" Mean?
      Last edited by Trunks; 15 June 2014, 22:36.

Comment

If you Google back spacing and again for wheel offset there are some pictures that can explain far better than I can, plus I can't link anything from this device.

I suppose it all depends what you are after mind.
        Bigger wheels both in width and diameter are not always the best thing

Larger diameter wheels with corresponding bigger walled tyres will reduce the amount of effective torque you have, which if it's just a street queen won't matter so much, however if used as a mud plugger torque is useful.
        Wide(r) tyres admittedly look good but have a tendency to 'float' over wet grass and mud when what you really need is the traction a narrower foot print would give as the weight of the truck bears down on a much smaller footprint.

Wider wheels and tyres can also lead to a soft feeling when pushed through corners when on the tarmac.

It is unfortunately one of those compromise situations, but as long as you have all the information first you can make the decision on what is important to you.
        Having said all that having a body lift will give you more tyre clearance at full lock and axle articulation.

Might be worth having a word with the wheel company and mentioning what tyres and usage you are after?
        Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Working...
        X