Milners-V-Rough trax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milners-V-Rough trax

What is your experience of parts quality over cost. for example Milners 3 filters for 12.50......-v- roughtrax about 7.50 each..... (Serivce parts) Do you use either and whats your verdict on reliablitly and performance.
    Just read a thread on pads/shoes and discs REAL cheap from Milners......almost TOO cheap....
    Its my time for getting parts and wondering which is the best value fo rmoney without putting vehicle at risk etc....
    Look forward to loads of replies....

Thanx All

The filter kit from Milners is perfect.
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Used the Milners filters for over 3 years . No problems. Had to buy a fuel filter once from a local store & it cost me £16 on its own .
      Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

On the braking front I have read somewhere that it is best to get original equipment as the aftermarket tend to be crap in comparison.
        If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rich
          On the braking front I have read somewhere that it is best to get original equipment as the aftermarket tend to be crap in comparison.
          £12.00 MILNERS £36.00 ELSEWHERE
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by rich
            I guess it depends on what you call aftermarket - I think the likes of lockheed, Brembo and Dunlop (et al) which get a bit p!!!!!d off if you called their stuff crap But then this does not come in the cheap replacement catagory

Ali

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by UKWolf
              I guess it depends on what you call aftermarket - I think the likes of lockheed, Brembo and Dunlop (et al) which get a bit p!!!!!d off if you called their stuff crap But then this does not come in the cheap replacement catagory

Ali

yeah but Chin Kee probably couldn't giva a rats ass!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

You won't get anything actually 'dangerous' from Milners, Roughtrax or similar, but they seem to scorse the cheapest option for parts. which is fine as most people want cheap parts.

If you want proper stuff go to toyota. anything else is a compromise.

Been using Milner brake pads and service parts for a few years, Roughtrax are good for hop up parts, there electronic ignition kit for my 4runner was a big name US kit, and half the price of Luminitions offering. they are all fine as long as you don't forget they are not genuine Toyota parts.
                4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                  You won't get anything actually 'dangerous' from Milners, Roughtrax or similar, but they seem to scorse the cheapest option for parts. which is fine as most people want cheap parts.

If you want proper stuff go to toyota. anything else is a compromise.

Been using Milner brake pads and service parts for a few years, Roughtrax are good for hop up parts, there electronic ignition kit for my 4runner was a big name US kit, and half the price of Luminitions offering. they are all fine as long as you don't forget they are not genuine Toyota parts.
                  I think that actually the Milners pads are a lot better than the Toyota ones for normal use. They are a lot softer and pull up a lot better with less effort than the Toyota ones which I think are made out of Stainless Steel they are so hard. Downside is that they fade more so you need to be aware of that when braking a lot. Wouldn't want to use Milners pads for touring in the Alps.

In my experience, the real issue with cheaper pattern parts tends to be for Body parts and exhausts which often need quite a large application of the knocking stick to make them fit.

Cheers

Comment

That's a good point but I did mean the cheap sh!te

R.

Originally posted by UKWolf

Ali

If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

well I think that for some parts its better to go to toyota, for instance an air hose rubber fingy for the airfilter to head costs 63 toyota and 53 at roughtrax. the quality is lacking on the RT part as it needs streching to fit ! should have gone toyo for that part.
                      Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

What make are the Milners filters when they arrive? I was going to order the set of 3 for £12ish yesterday but thought next day postage would add too much on top of such a small order.

Then I found the local factors (usually very reasonable) wanted £12.50 for oil filter and £14.75 for diesel filter! Didn't even bother to ask about the air filter. I just bought the oil filter as I had it drained off already but left the rest for another time.

Milners next order!

David

Comment

roughtrax or milners are fine for parts TOYOTA is dear so the choice is yours
                          the rubber hose that goes to the airfilter is £25 from milners
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                          (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by DroveRunner
                            What make are the Milners filters when they arrive?
                            The filters I bought from Milners were made by Boshi.
                            Shame the two metal end caps fell off the air filter after a few thousand km.
                            Having said that, the Toyota one that's in there at the moment cost £36 (ex VAT i think)!!

Comment

Working...
                            X