ecu help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecu help???

Hi my 1993 surf 3.0l auto has run into ecu problems I believe, although im open to suggestions if anybody has any other ideas. it drives like the ect button has been pressed (holding gears for too long before changing up) and no overdrive, so after reading through these forums I have come to the conclusion it must be an ecu fault. Does anyone on here have a spare ecu for this model I know they are hard to come by, it looks like the last few to sell on here went for around 90 to 100 quid hence why I didn't buy the one on ebay for £200 that seems very steep!. Failing getting a second hand one (at a sensible price) does anyone know a company that can repair these I have tried contacting a few and have been told its probably too old for them to do anything with. Anyway id be very grateful for any help and advise.
    cheers. Greg

A few more symptoms and what you have done might help with more of a diagnosis, either way ecu doctor might be worth a try.
    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

hi thanks for the reply, symptoms are it wont change gear when it should, it holds each gear for too long like the ect button has been pressed, that's annoying enough on its own and obviously uses more fuel because of the higher rpm's, but the overdrive has gone too it wont engage at all, the light comes on and off when you press the od button but it wont drop in. surfs are expensive enough to run let alone one that is effectively missing its top gear.
      I have been told that its an ecu fault and very common on these, after a quick call to the ecu doctor this afternoon they suspect the same. so I think what I really need is a reasonably priced used ecu for this model or to swallow the cost of getting mine repaired

Comment

Originally posted by greg333 View Post
        hi thanks for the reply, symptoms are it wont change gear when it should, it holds each gear for too long like the ect button has been pressed, that's annoying enough on its own and obviously uses more fuel because of the higher rpm's, but the overdrive has gone too it wont engage at all, the light comes on and off when you press the od button but it wont drop in. surfs are expensive enough to run let alone one that is effectively missing its top gear.
        I have been told that its an ecu fault and very common on these, after a quick call to the ecu doctor this afternoon they suspect the same. so I think what I really need is a reasonably priced used ecu for this model or to swallow the cost of getting mine repaired
        Besides the ecu doctor there is BBA reman who can fix yours or sell you a recon one.

Comment

Working...
        X