Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surf Owner

Morning all

I bought my first Surf yesterday and found this site after googling a number of questions related to gadgets and buttons - the FAQs are excellent by the way - and thought I'd register and say hello.

My new surf is a '95 Gen 3 SSRX 3.0 with a 3" lift kit, having never owned one and bought as an impulse purchase on eBay, I'm impressed so far; the truck was delivered yesterday afternoon and within 20 minutes of me arriving home from work was bouncing down some local green lanes

Although I have no talent or mechanical ability whatsoever I love being off road - I have a defender 90 CSW (about to sell now I have the Surf) and a couple of quad bikes we drag to various tracks around the country.

I'm in Hertfordshire so if anyone sees a pale blue 'N' plate surf give me a wave

Good evening Lee, and congrats on the Surf. Not quite the hose down and get on vehicle as a Land Rover, but certainly as capable and a damn site more comfortable and spacious.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it and there is a wealth of information on this site, so don't be afraid to ask anything.

One word of caution though, make sure you've used the search button first though, or you'll never hear the end of it.
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Hi and welcome. Get used to green laning in comfort and not banging your right elbow on the door!

Comment

Hi bud! Welcome! I'm in Stevenage if you are nearby in Herts (big ole county though!)

2 Surfs here and plenty of enthusiasm! Done a few mods for people and general repairs fixes for Surf owners round the surrounding area. If you fancy popping round and comparing surfs that would be great!
        ======
        Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm hoping this truck (am I allowed to call it a truck - I got told off on a landy forum for doing it ) will encourage me to start getting my hands dirty; there are no major jobs to do but as it's new to me I'll change all the transmission fluids and as there is black smoke from the exhaust on start up and under acceleration I'll change oil and oil / air / filters and possibly look at blanking of the ERG valve. If I'm feeling really brave I may swap out the diesel injectors - look out for my "bugger I've trashed my engine" thread shortly

Andy - I'm just down the road in Hatfield, I'm fairly sure in the near future I'll need someone to point and laugh at my mistakes

Comment

Hi mate, I've got a blue n plate 3rd gen too,
            There's three the same in Borehamwood and now you!

Comment

Sounds like there are a few guys local! I actually work in Welwyn (Shire Park) so I am right near you.... Do you work round here?
              ======
              Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbslc View Post
                Hi mate, I've got a blue n plate 3rd gen too,
                There's three the same in Borehamwood and now you!
                Here's a pic of mine

Originally posted by andy_enuff View Post
                Sounds like there are a few guys local! I actually work in Welwyn (Shire Park) so I am right near you.... Do you work round here?
                Unfortunately I commute down from Hatfield to Clapham every day

Comment

Working...
                X