'92 Volkswagen Hilux kingcab?!!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '92 Volkswagen Hilux kingcab?!!?!

Just got home from sunny Corfu. Saw a couple of these around the place.

Got to be a rarity. Obviously made under license.

Nice though.
    Attached Files
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Yep, a VW Taro. Some info on here.

Comment

looked there so I did Rob and have to disagree with their daft point...

"Also, Toyota struck a deal with VW to build all of it's Hiluxs destined for Europe at the Hanover VW plant and call them VW Taros. This continued from 1989 to 1997, the entire production length of this generation.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL
        looked there so I did Rob and have to disagree with their daft point...

"Also, Toyota struck a deal with VW to build all of it's Hiluxs destined for Europe at the Hanover VW plant and call them VW Taros. This continued from 1989 to 1997, the entire production length of this generation.
        Yeah, errr, that's a bit wrong!

Comment

Sorry but their comment "VW never had a decent pick-up" does not ring true either as VW produced the Type 2, the LT and also the Caddy all DECENT Pick-up's

If they had said "VW never had a decent 4x4" that would have been a different matter.

I used to have a VW Taro (2wd) as a company vehicle and the turning circle on that was absolute C**P! 3 point turn was more like a 54 point turn and forget a Uee!!

Paul
          DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
            Sorry but their comment "VW never had a decent pick-up" does not ring true either as VW produced the Type 2, the LT and also the Caddy all DECENT Pick-up's

If they had said "VW never had a decent 4x4" that would have been a different matter.

I used to have a VW Taro (2wd) as a company vehicle and the turning circle on that was absolute C**P! 3 point turn was more like a 54 point turn and forget a Uee!!

Paul
            i used to have a LT35 panel van and even though it was crap, it had the sweetest sounding engine... a 3.5l straight 6... slow and not too revvy but really sounded the dogs bits!

tell a lie, it wasn't a 3.5, it was a 3.5ton van! (got confused with my numbers!) think it was a 3.0
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno

Paul
              And actually VW does have a decent 4x4 now. The Touareg is a pretty awesome beast especially with the big Diesel and the height adjustable suspension, knocks spots off the Range Rover and the Porsche Cayenne, (mind you a Mini knocks spots off a Cayenne as an off road car).

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                i used to have a LT35 panel van and even though it was crap, it had the sweetest sounding engine
                must have been something wrong with it! I reckon bigger VW diesels sound like they just dont want to be running. The transporters after a few years have an awful sound on tickover and running

Comment

Local cab company here has a P reg (97 I think) Transporter minibus with 480,000 miles on it. Does sound a bit ropey and its on its 3rd gearbox

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
                    Local cab company here has a P reg (97 I think) Transporter minibus with 480,000 miles on it. Does sound a bit ropey and its on its 3rd gearbox
                    Thats just run in on a VW!
                    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Originally posted by lucky
                      And actually VW does have a decent 4x4 now. The Touareg is a pretty awesome beast especially with the big Diesel and the height adjustable suspension, knocks spots off the Range Rover and the Porsche Cayenne, (mind you a Mini knocks spots off a Cayenne as an off road car).

Cheers
                      Aren't the Touareg & Cayenne the same vehicle - It would be unusual for VAG to have different ones these days ie Audi/VW/Seat/Skoda all use the same engines/floor pans

Ali

[SIZE=7][COLOR=YellowGreen][SIZE=5][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The difference between the men and the boys .................... the price of their toys ![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by UKWolf
                        Aren't the Touareg & Cayenne the same vehicle - It would be unusual for VAG to have different ones these days ie Audi/VW/Seat/Skoda all use the same engines/floor pans

Ali

Very similar to look at but not the same vehicle underneath. The Cayenne is more road biased and does not have the adjustable ride height or the V10 Diesel either (the most powerful production diesel currently made with over 500lb/ft of torque).

The body and floorplan are essentially the same but the running gear isn't.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X