Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocate heater controls

Hi folks

Is it possible to relocate the heater controls in a 93 surf? Would like a bit more room in the dash to install a custom audio setup using a tablet in the dash with existing single din head unit either in glove box or under a seat.

Could it be moved to the passenger side and cut into the dash.

Thanks

Hello & welcome Scott

Try & search ref radio,stereo etc. Might give you ideas

Comment

You can put it wherever you like,(apart from the passenger side top dash) there are just two wire cables to worry about, one goes through the dash to the on/off manual valve on the heater hose and the other goes to the linkage on the bottom lower of the heater, Then there are two multi wiring plugs on the back so the wiring will need to be extended,
      i moved mine back inwards when i re did the dash, you wont be able to put it in the soft plastic part of the passenger side dash as there's a big steel brace and the air vent pipe right behind it,
      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

It might fit under the ashtray. Or possibly remove the 2 vents in the dash and move it up. Search for 'roof console' to see how a few here have placed stuff above their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
          It might fit under the ashtray. Or possibly remove the 2 vents in the dash and move it up. Search for 'roof console' to see how a few here have placed stuff above their heads.
          Fab!! Thanks guys, got a sunroof so roof console might not be that easy, but moving under the ashtray could work. Will rip out the dash and see where's best so I can make sure my custom media set up works with the controls moved.

Thanks again ya'll

Happy truckin'

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
            You can put it wherever you like,(apart from the passenger side top dash) there are just two wire cables to worry about, one goes through the dash to the on/off manual valve on the heater hose and the other goes to the linkage on the bottom lower of the heater, Then there are two multi wiring plugs on the back so the wiring will need to be extended,
            i moved mine back inwards when i re did the dash, you wont be able to put it in the soft plastic part of the passenger side dash as there's a big steel brace and the air vent pipe right behind it,
            Just to illustrate Popeyes point about braces...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
              Just to illustrate Popeyes point about braces...
              Ahh see what you mean lol. Was hoping I couldve placed it about or below the bar, but going to look at mounting it under the ashtray

Thanks

Comment

Was that a wrecker Andy? first time i've seen that brace "all at once"
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                  Was that a wrecker Andy? first time i've seen that brace "all at once"
                  Think of it as a "doner", pretty much gone to the green lanes in the sky.

Comment

Working...
                  X