Valuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valuation

I'm thinking of selling my 3rd Gen 3.0 SR-X, in Aberdeenshire. I've owned it for 11 years, it is the same one I had when we had the other site previous to this one, so that's how long I have owned it but has been a fantastic reliable friend over all those years.

Mechanically it's very sound, I was the first owner after it was imported and I had it wax-oiled immediately and it has never been used off road. Body work is rust free, though cosmetically it is starting to show its age, although the metallic paintwork is still relatively bright, the silver paint on the front plastic bumpers is starting to peel.

It seems to sail through it's M.O.T's each year and I've had to have nothing major done to it since owning it. I only do about 2k a year in it and in total it has only done a 166km (100,000 miles?). It has a Thatcham Class 1 remote locking alarm and a HUGE stainless steel exhaust!

Anyway checking eBay, local paper and Gumtree I've no real idea of its value, as there don't seem to be a lot of Gen 3's locally sold. I am thinking of advertising it on Gumtree locally, can anyone give me an idea of what sort of money I should be asking for it, I'm not desperate to sell it, however I do want it gone, so I want to price it to sell if that makes sense, it's MOT's until sometime in August and Taxed until the 1/1/15.

I'm also happy to put an advert on here with pictures and pay the donation fee.

TIA

Balck sheep just bought one for £1500 and I paid a 1k for my last 3rd gen and that was a nice 2.7 petrol which my brother still drives.
    Ebay traders want 4k for them, so you see it's a daft question it's worth what someone will pay and what you will sell for. If it's in the 1500 range send me pictures to bmck47@gmail dot com and you will have a serious buyer.
    Brian

Comment

Thanks for the information.

I put an advert in the For Sale Section yesterday with some pictures, just waiting for it to be approved (paid).

I was secretly hoping it was worth over 2k but I am also sensible and experienced enough to know that something is only worth what someone is will to pay for it and that's a void of difference between "hoping" and Cash in on the Table.

Take a look at it when the post is approved, see what you think. I'm open to offers, I'm not greedy but I do need to get the best I can for it as we've just moved and things are tight.

Comment

It's worth what someone is prepared to pay. Having said that don't sell it off too cheaply. I bought in the last week a 1997 3rd gen, 100k on the clock, new 12 month mot, new tyres and new exhaust for £ 2700. It is in good condition throughout. I have been watching similar on eBay go for nearly a grand more. Chuck it on eBay and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Flop View Post
          Thanks for the information.

I put an advert in the For Sale Section yesterday with some pictures, just waiting for it to be approved (paid).

I was secretly hoping it was worth over 2k but I am also sensible and experienced enough to know that something is only worth what someone is will to pay for it and that's a void of difference between "hoping" and Cash in on the Table.

Take a look at it when the post is approved, see what you think. I'm open to offers, I'm not greedy but I do need to get the best I can for it as we've just moved and things are tight.

No advert as yet
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
            No advert as yet
            is now
            Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
            My choice
            Back off

Comment

Working...
            X