New member, old Disco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, old Disco

Been lurking on the forum doing some research for the last few weeks and have finally got around to signing up.

Currently have an early 3 door 200tdi Discovery which I love dearly, but the prospect of spending another year crawling around in the dirt with a welding torch, trying to delay the inevitable, is no longer that appealing.

So I've semi-reluctantly decided to send the old girl out to pasture and start looking for a decent 2nd gen 3.0l, which is what I've secretly wanted for years!

So just a quick intro to say hi and thanks for all the information this forum has given me already. I'll post some pics when I'm a fully fledged Surf owner.

Cheers for now!

Al

An early disco, slowly turning to dust before your eyes, whatever next!!

What ever Surf you end up with, just make sure you get one with plenty of history.
    Start the engine and have a look inside the rad filler cap frothy bubbles=£££££ and walk away.

Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Aside from shokenore's comments above (wise words), corrosion is much less of an issue on the Surf than the Disco...tends to be the last 3 crossmembers get some surface rot and the front wishbones, perhaps a little on the bottoms of the doors...not much else...

try all the electric'ery...

And welcome to the club.

Comment

Hello and welcome

Comment

Hey Alex,

I've been let down but the buyer of my surf so if you wanted to have a butchers at it you can.

Cheers, Chris
          If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!

Chris, I just posted on your ad in the classifieds actually. Definitely would like to come up and have a look.

Strangely, I've actually got your number now! It turns out my cousin was interested in your truck as well when it was on ebay, and you gave him your details. He's passed them on to me so I'll give you a shout and arrange a time, if that's ok?

Just out of interest, what causes the frothing coolant in the rad? Head issue?

Comment

Hi Alex, Im afraid it looks like its gone. A local chap reckons he is picking it up tonight. He seems pretty definite so I would say its sold.

They don't stick around long at that price!

Good luck on the search for one.
              If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

No worries Chris. The search continues!

Comment

Working...
                X