Picked up my new truck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up my new truck!

Picked up my new truck on Thursday, had to go a good 300 miles to get it but I think it must be one of the cleanest in the country!

Its a 1996 Gen3 3.0, with 100k miles, No offence but its nice to have a truck that's not burgundy & grey!

It is a world apart from my Gen 2, Better steering, faster, better ride, uses less fuel. cruises along at 90. A pleasure to drive.

Hope you like!

Last edited by Benross; 28 March 2014, 19:26.
    If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Yes very nice.

Did you buy from a dealer ?

but it's not burgundy

Comment

Tidy

Comment

Excellent!

Definitely more refined aren't they. Next step is the petrol version, slightly better again.

I see it's got the 'Council edition' transfercase, so it's the same as the 2nd gen's.

Comment

Originally posted by woodwarm View Post
          Yes very nice.

Did you buy from a dealer ?

but it's not burgundy
          I did, I played hard ball with the salesman and got £650 of the asking price.

I didn't like the colour at first but its growing on me!

Comment

Looks good, keep this one!

Comment

Nice truck.
              " Time wounds all heels ".

Comment

Very nice, lovin the wheels

Comment

Andy, I can't afford another so this ones staying!

Keith, the wheels are my favourite part, they have quite a big dish on them, I'm not sure if they are aftermarket or a standard part?

I just have a slight trim vibration somewhere on the dash that I have to find and that's it, oh and fit the oil cooler I've brought....and so it starts...

Comment

Very nice indeedy. Looks super tidy
                    Now it's time to play!

Comment

Nice truck, vibration might be the cup holder.
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

It could be the 4WD button. Put your finger over it , without actually pressing it in and see if the noise stops. Mine did that when I got it.
                        Сви можемо

Comment

Nice truck very similar to mine.
                          The cup holder used to vibrate in mine but I fixed that with a small strip of Velcro on top of it, it's just thick enough to take up the gap.
                          Also check the heater control cable isn't vibrating against the bulkhead as that can make a hell of a racket at idle. You might have to shove your hand up behind the dash to reach where it touches the bulkhead and cable tie it.

Bushwhacker what's the council transfer case and how can you tell from the photos?.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbslc View Post

Bushwhacker what's the council transfer case and how can you tell from the photos?.

Same as the 2nd gen's i.e. not multi-mode.

The position of the transfer lever and the missing dash icon between the tacho and speedo.

Comment

I've done some searching and found the vibration to be the "stops vibrating when you move the heater temp lever to the hot side" vibration. Or at least I think it's called that.

Bushwhacker, why did you feel the need to point out the transfer case?

Comment

Working...
                              X