No announcement yet.

3rd Gen worth the bunce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could always just ditch the tractor and get the very refined 2.7. Lovely motor.
    cheaper on fuel too.
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

My 3rd gen has been good, quick or a big old tank and nice to drive as well. Been to LeMans in it in 2012 and going again this year.
      Only the sun roof has jammed shut though lack of use from the last owner, I'm not too bothered about that as the ac is great.
      My cylinder head has cracked also but I'm about to replace it with an AMC one from Roughtrax.
      If I didn't think so much of the truck I would not be spending that kind of money on it.
      Find a good one and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbslc View Post
        My 3rd gen has been good, quick or a big old tank and nice to drive as well. Been to LeMans in it in 2012 and going again this year.
        Only the sun roof has jammed shut though lack of use from the last owner, I'm not too bothered about that as the ac is great.
        My cylinder head has cracked also but I'm about to replace it with an AMC one from Roughtrax.
        If I didn't think so much of the truck I would not be spending that kind of money on it.
        Find a good one and enjoy.
        Bummer that, my gasket went on the head of mine, £160 fix.
        Alan

Comment

That's lucky!
          I've done the tests on mine and it's loosing a small amount of pressure from the cooling system and it has combustion gases in the rad too
          I hope that once that's sorted out it will run forever.
          Last edited by Dobbslc; 25 March 2014, 20:20.

Comment

I thought id treat myself to a 3rd Gen, my 2nd gen is still a very usable truck but I wanted to have something a bit tidier and a different colour from burgundy and grey!
            If I like it, Bushwhacker doesn't. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Benross View Post
              I thought id treat myself to a 3rd Gen, my 2nd gen is still a very usable truck but I wanted to have something a bit tidier and a different colour from burgundy and grey!
              Don't forget the dayglo
              And if that was you on the A39 this morning, then that will be three times that I have seen you in as many weeks.

Stalker level complete.
              Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                Don't forget the dayglo
                And if that was you on the A39 this morning, then that will be three times that I have seen you in as many weeks.

Stalker level complete.
                It wasn't I'm afraid, if it was an Orange bash plate it's my old truck!

I'm not sure what bash plate the gen 3 have and what sort of condition it's in but I'll mostly be on road with the new one. Wouldn't like to scratch it now would I?!

Comment

Originally posted by Benross View Post
                  It wasn't I'm afraid, if it was an Orange bash plate it's my old truck!

I'm not sure what bash plate the gen 3 have and what sort of condition it's in but I'll mostly be on road with the new one. Wouldn't like to scratch it now would I?!
                  Did that one have dayglo spot light surrounds?
                  Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                    Did that one have dayglo spot light surrounds?
                    No, just the bash plate. My 3.0 has green bash plate, green square spot light surrounds and green centre hubs caps, then I ran out of green paint...

Comment

Originally posted by Dobbslc View Post
                      That's lucky!
                      I've done the tests on mine and it's loosing a small amount of pressure from the cooling system and it has combustion gases in the rad too
                      I hope that once that's sorted out it will run forever.

Mines is petrol.
                      Alan

Comment

Working...
                      X