CV boot swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV boot swap?

Hello all, I am sorry, I thought I had seen a thread somewhere about swapping out the CV boots on the front of the car.. I know that there are 2 different sizes each side... Anyway, I thought I could find a thread.. but now I can't....

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Pablito View Post
    Hello all, I am sorry, I thought I had seen a thread somewhere about swapping out the CV boots on the front of the car.. I know that there are 2 different sizes each side... Anyway, I thought I could find a thread.. but now I can't....

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks.
    Nope

They're different, I think it even says that on roughtrax....you might as well do both inner and outer at the same time, the drive shaft will be undone anyway and it's not much extra cash...

Comment

Yup they are different,

I also bought some extra long, extra bendy ones as I was fed up of the inner ones splitting due the increased CV angle after the lift.
      More Lift.
      More Tyres.
      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
        Nope

They're different, I think it even says that on roughtrax....you might as well do both inner and outer at the same time, the drive shaft will be undone anyway and it's not much extra cash...
        Hello mate

Yeah, that's what I meant... they are different. there are 2 per side no? I thought there was an inner and an outer?

Anyways... I will do both i think.

Is your truck up and running yet buddy? And how's the new job?

Comment

Originally posted by Pablito View Post
          Hello mate

Yeah, that's what I meant... they are different. there are 2 per side no? I thought there was an inner and an outer?

Anyways... I will do both i think.

Is your truck up and running yet buddy? And how's the new job?
          yeah..inner and outer....

yep mines on the road...I need to do an arial (knackered cable), rear diff seal and oil change and make some fiberglass bumpers...otherwise all good.

Oh and the passengers window only works if I turn left....

Hows the wedding planning going?

I just realised, you thought the "Nope" was me saying your not right...I was just taking the micky in response to the "can anyone help"
          Last edited by andyverran; 16 March 2014, 20:29.

Comment

Working...
          X