Which seats fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which seats fit?

Hello gurus.. Can anyone say which seats fit into the surf either straight fit or without too much modifications.. Front and back ideally..

Thanks in advance

P
    Last edited by Pablito; 17 February 2014, 23:43.

D'oh....

Click search Pabs you numpty!!!

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
    Yes they will fit no problem. You can just unscrew the runners from your existing seats and fit to the replacements.

FYI, Toyota Celica and Subaru Impreza seats fit with minimal modification to the mounting holes.
    Does this apply to rears too? I doubt it.. but am hopeful.....

Comment

Anyone know about the rear seats? Which ones fit i mean?

Comment

The only way you'll get some different rear seats into a Surf is through quite a bit of fabrication. If you think about it, the rear seats were custom made for the Surf and finding any that are the exact same dimensions will be very difficult.
        Just get the rears re-upholstered to match whatever you fit into the front.

I'll be fitting some half leather Lexus IS200 electric front seats into a 2nd gen Surf this week, I'll do a 'how to' thread to show whats needed to fit them and get them working..

Comment

They will look awesome mate.. i look forward to the write up.. will you be cajoling the back seats to fit or recovering the original ones to match?

Comment

I haven't got the rears here, just the fronts. That was a random Google image.
            The rears are already black Recaro types so kinda match.

Comment

Hi guys,

Got those in mine, easy peezy fit, only paid £45 the pair

http://s293.photobucket.com/user/gra...?sort=3&page=1

There is a post on here somewhere that I did with all the details, and wiring, can't find it tho'

Gman.

Found it, post 16.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...t=75899&page=2

Hope this helps.

Gman.
              Last edited by GRASSMAN; 19 February 2014, 14:35.
              If it aint broke, keep goin' till it is.

Comment

+1 for IS200 seats.

I got a full f-r set with door cards for £120, but if you think about the Surf, the rears are 50/50 split upper and lower, and both hinge forward. The IS200 seats are single, non-hinged pieces. The back piece is just like a flimsy shell, no substance to it - it couldn't replace the Surf rears.

I was quoted daft money locally to retrim the rears using the material from the IS rear seats, so in the end, I gave them away and just used the fronts. Others here were quoted better prices in their locales for this and got a good job done.

I didn't do it myself but the write-ups here are good. The guys who did my paint got it done while the truck was with them for a while. I was out of action for a few weeks this Summer when a bird knocked me off the bike, so this was the perfect time to do all the odd jobs on the truck.

I got the heated switches off ebay (try and get the Lexus ones if poss, mine were generic rockers and about a 90% good fit). I don't know if the IS200 heated controls have a dial, mine are either on full whack or not on. Full whack is not uncomfortable for me and most welcome in frosty weather.

I put them in the centre console where there was one blank and I surrendered the hard/soft button which I never used anyway.

The kids must accept retaining the old seats as punishment for in-car bickering SWMBO mumbled for a while about them not matching, but maybe I can dye the fabric all black in the Summer. I'd then start thinking about doing the dash and blue/grey placcy trim... £££££...
                Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Working...
                X