where to buy radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to buy radiator

hi lads and lasses, haven't been on for a while due to faultless motoring with my kzn 130, until i noticed my coolant level had dropped first thing i done was check oil no probs there, have now found the fault split seam on top of radiator, so has anyone any suggestion on which supplier to use, has anyone used the new aluminium ones on roughtrax just wondered what they would be like
    cheers johnno
    15 years in shiny club, lovely

Seen some good looking aluminium ones on ebay from USA or Japan. Can't say what they'd be like.

I'd be awfully suicious about why yours split. Could be head gasket. If you sniff test now might save yourself replacing the head.
    Paul

Surfless, donations welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by M8WHR View Post
      Seen some good looking aluminium ones on ebay from USA or Japan. Can't say what they'd be like.

I'd be awfully suicious about why yours split. Could be head gasket. If you sniff test now might save yourself replacing the head.
      thanks for that will do, had a new head fitted about four years ago they also fitted a new rad at same time as old one clogged up with radseal stuff, looked like a cheapo rad to me so hopefully its just that, thanks again

Comment

I bought one from roughtrax about 2 months ago and had no problem with it so far. Looks like a well made bit of kit and so far I'd be happy to recommend it. Maybe someone who's had one a bit longer could comment.

Comment

£325 toyota
          am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
            £325 toyota
            went for the aluminium rad from roughtrax seems to be a good bit of kit, also had a sniff test done no probs there, thanks for the replies lads

Comment

radiator

i just got one from ebay £91, here the next day its plastic top and bottem
              but i dont mind this as my old one had a few holes in the brass top part .
              milner off road said they cant get them any more and i belive they only
              supply genuine toyota ones so i assume toyota no longer do them

Comment

Make sure the rad cap tabs sit properly and doesn't foul on the bonnet.
                I have cut a tab off before as it rubbed on the bonnet and opened enough to lose pressure.
                Brian

Comment

Working...
                X